Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: RGB cables (XRGB2 & others)

1. FS: RGB cables (XRGB2 & others)

Hi everyone!

Looking for an RGB cable? I've got plenty for sale, includng some pretty hard to find ones for older systems. All cables are brand new - if they've been used, it will have only been once, for testing purposes.

XRGB-2 cables:

Genesis 1/SMS - $20
    Genesis 2/Gen3/CDX - $25
    SNES/SFC - $20
    Neo-Geo - $20
    Saturn - $20
    Dreamcast - $15
    PSX/PS2 - $18
    Xbox - $25
    Jaguar - $20 (edit: no delay! All my parts came in )

Euro Scart cables are also available. DC, Saturn, PSX, SNES, and Xbox cables are $5 cheaper than their XRGB counterparts, while Jag, Genny, and Neo cables are the same price.

I can also do custom cables for other monitors - Commodore/Amiga monitors, arcade monitors, etc. Drop me an e-mail if you're got an RGB monitor that needs hookups

Bulk discounts are available - buy several cables at once and I'll give you a better price I can take Paypal, cheque/MO, and US$ cash. Trades are always welcome - my GTZ user ID is "Mattman" if you'd like to check out my want list. My e-mail address is "the_matthew@yahoo.ca".

- Matt

2. Buy this man's cables, damnit!

They're great!

3. This is probably the wrong place to ask, but how would I go about using this stuff (briefly, if you can). I'll take the Genesis 2 regardless, but I'd appreciate the info.

4. Originally posted by Rob
    This is probably the wrong place to ask, but how would I go about using this stuff (briefly, if you can). I'll take the Genesis 2 regardless, but I'd appreciate the info.
    Do you have a RGB-ready monitor?

5. No, I have an RF-ready monitor (cue laughter). Guessing I'll need a new TV (which I intended on getting, anyways) and an XRGB-2.

6. Originally posted by Rob
    No, I have an RF-ready monitor (cue laughter). Guessing I'll need a new TV (which I intended on getting, anyways) and an XRGB-2.
    Haha, for sure. Shit, pal - get a Commodore monitor and you're good to go. A 1084 will run you around $50 on eBay... very cheap. It's RGB-ready out of the box... no need for a XRGB-2 converter... All you'll need is some custom-made Matt-Brand RGB cables for your system[s] of choice.

Also, do a search for "commodore" in the main forum. There's tons of additional info lurking on this forum...

7. Originally posted by Rob
    This is probably the wrong place to ask, but how would I go about using this stuff (briefly, if you can). I'll take the Genesis 2 regardless, but I'd appreciate the info.
    The cables are for use with either an XRGB-2 converter, or an RGB-compatible monitor.

The XRGB-2 converts the RGB signal to VGA, and would let you use your consoles on any PC monitor. It's very versatile - you can run it with any VGA-compatible device, including some HDTVs and video projectors.

Commodore monitors are great (I use one myself), and don't cost a lot. However, they're very small - it's up to you to decide whether 13" is a big enough picture size!

- Matt

8. I have done business with this gentleman before.

I will go on record as saying the Cables Matt makes are of the highest quality. They are great.

He is the man. If you need RGB cables, he is the man.

PS: The Genesis2/CDX cable he made me is amazing.

9. Originally posted by Matt
    Commodore monitors are great (I use one myself), and don't cost a lot. However, they're very small - it's up to you to decide whether 13" is a big enough picture size!
    Alright, I did some looking into the Commodore monitors, and I'll be getting a 1084S. The TV I have right now is a 13", so the size is no problem, I just wanted a better picture.

So I'll order a Genesis 2 and PlayStation cable modified for that monitor type please.

10. *cough*