Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Bout High School

1. Real Bout High School

I just saw vol. 2 of this crazy series today. Funnier than the first one, even though this one only has three eps. The whole Lulu show was funny.

And the Iron Chef parody RULED. Why doesn't someone make a cookoff fighting game? *hint hint Capcom*

The next volume's goin' to have some nice fanservice, can't wait

2. I bought the first volume of the manga and was less than thrilled. Is the show much better?

3. if they had done the opposite and made the first disc 3 then made the second disc 4, i wouldn't be a tad annoyed. but if it's as funny as you say it is, i won't care so much. all i need now is a best buy that actually has it in stock. i missed out on GTO vol.3 for a month or two thanks to no one stocking it in and now this. *sigh*

i enjoy the series so far (for me, first disc) but i feel like it's going to end up being an above average title. i'm sort of not a fan of them jumping back and forth between dimensions/worlds, i'd much rather they focus on the k-fights.

4. [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ashen Victor
    if they had done the opposite and made the first disc 3 then made the second disc 4, i wouldn't be a tad annoyed. but if it's as funny as you say it is, i won't care so much. all i need now is a best buy that actually has it in stock. i missed out on GTO vol.3 for a month or two thanks to no one stocking it in and now this. *sigh*[quote]

You missed out on GTO #3? Damn....that's harsh. Get that first.

i enjoy the series so far (for me, first disc) but i feel like it's going to end up being an above average title. i'm sort of not a fan of them jumping back and forth between dimensions/worlds, i'd much rather they focus on the k-fights.
    Yeah, the dimensional world idea is pretty lame(they fight giant crabs in this one. CRABS. Sheesh), but Ryoko doing the Lulu play is a funny mock of the Sailor Moon-style shows(I forgot the actual word), and the K-fight(K as in KITCHEN!) episode is fast-paced and funny.

I bought the first volume of the manga and was less than thrilled. Is the show much better?
    I haven't read the manga yet, so I can't really compare the two. The show's decent though, IMO.

5. i picked up GTO 3 on wednesday at best buy (saw the first 3 episodes on the disc, loving it A LOT, especially when he helps Tomoko win the talent contest). about time too. now all i have to do is wait for them to stock real bout 2, which i should have also picked up on wednesday, but didn't. :/ i can wait it out though, i've still got an entire set of escaflowne dvds to watch.

and i'm not sure of this myself, but i think the word you're thinking of is "magical girl".

Isn't there a Kyo Kusanagi clone on there also? Hayato42 was telling me about this film last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

7. Originally posted by FighterX
    Isn't there a Kyo Kusanagi clone on there also? Hayato42 was telling me about this film last night.
    You must mean Nagi...heh, I never thought of him as a Kyo clone until now. His face looks more rigid than Kyo's.

8. I saw the first two DVDs last night and it was both hilariously funny and action packed (lots of sweet samurai stuff).

9. And you mean to tell me NOBODY's been checking out our reviews of GTO and Real Bout on Popcultureshock.com? For shame. How the heck are we going to grow without your support? Huh?

--Shola

10. Heh. That was just far enough out of left field to be considered a cheap plug.

But seriously, the Strange Dawn review pissed me off. Not because I disagree with the review or anything, but because it's the second AAA score I've seen it given. The first one I was able to right off as another case of Shidoshi's fruity tastes...but now....

If I ever see it on my local Sam Goody's shelf, my masculine side will definitely be in for the fight of its life. -_-