Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Remember...Keio Flying Squadron!

1. Lets Remember...Keio Flying Squadron!

http://www.workingdesigns.com/museum...tware/keio.htm

Its an okay shmup. Very no frills horizontal shooting. The real draw of this game is the anime art and cutscenes. The music is also quite grand.

I still pull this one out from time to time, and am planning on getting the Keio platformer/sequel released on the JP Saturn. It is a bit suprising that something this Japanese came out during the 16-bit era. The same can be said for Panic! as well.

Who remembers this mediocre-but-fun shmup?

2. Have it and still love it to this day. Though I haven't played it in a while, I do manage to pop in it whenever I pull out my CDX.

If you find yourself a copy of Keio on the Saturn, DON'T hesitate to throw the money down on the game as it's one of my favorite imports on the system. They even threw in a few shooter levels with the classic tunes from the original Keio in as well. Good stuff!

3. Damned fun game. I played it quite a bit. The Saturn sequel is ten million times better though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Keio Yugekitai on the Saturn is probably the best lokking 2D game ever. In RGB its hella awn.
    3DO Serial No. 033693019 "Serial number brothers!!!......" *high five*

5. I love the Sega CD original. I still need the manual and insert though.

6. The Saturn version is good fun, and it looks great in RGB - but it's SO EASY. Unbelievably easy. It's worth picking up, but there's hardly anything challenging in it, which is a shame.

7. Originally posted by Stone
    The Saturn version is good fun, and it looks great in RGB - but it's SO EASY. Unbelievably easy. It's worth picking up, but there's hardly anything challenging in it, which is a shame.
    It's not easy if you try to get the highest score and get all the extras unlocked.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Originally posted by bbobb
    It's not easy if you try to get the highest score and get all the extras unlocked.
    There is also a harder difficulty mode.

9. Never played the original, but I dig the flying sections on the Saturn version. I agree, the Saturn game looks AMAZING!

10. Keio Yugekitai is one of those daft games like Harmful Park where the defalt setting is easy. When you change it thou it will be saved but its annoying when you play through the whole game without hardly loosing a credit on your first go.
    3DO Serial No. 033693019 "Serial number brothers!!!......" *high five*