Page 17 of 265 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikaruga [DC, GC, XBLA, PC]

1. Re: ...

Originally posted by ssbomberman

Just get a converter like Total Control 3 and use a Saturn pad. It supports VMU, Twinsticks, and Saturn arcade sticks, and it only cost 20 bucks or so. I've had mine for half a year now with no problems yet.
    Yea... I might but I really liked that ASCII pad... it came with trading cards, too... dangnabbit. Cripes, even these HK retailers don't have any...

2. Scratch that last post... I overlooked it on one site (looking under wrong section?)... But it is to be "restocked soon"...

Only $29... but shipping will be a good $10-15, most likely.

3. Originally posted by Sidez
    The PS2 pad is perfect for the game also and has better vibration.
    O_o... Better vibration, yes. The pad however, is only good for one thing: Hurting fingers and making some movements impossible. Hell, the PS2 d-pad can't even do a down-up jump in Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3, whatever name you prefer).

As it is, I've worn in my DC d-pad, and it flows almost as smoothly as a Saturn full circle. Considering there's no corners, I love the damn thing.

4. The PS2 pad is better for REZ without a doubt. That flimsy DC stick doesn't cut it. As for Ikaruga control, i'll use an arcade stick for PS2 or DC.

Metal Slug - ASCII pads are dire. The Saturn pad pisses on it. It would be cheaper for you to buy the Total Control 3 anyway.

5. Dire, eh? Well, maybe I'll get a converter just because it's cheaper. I still would like the FT pad anyway....

As for the PS2 pad (or PSone, they're practically the same)... The d-pad is ass. Stiffer than anything... You can't get a good feel for the thing... The DC d-pad... actually, three of my four DC pads have a "tall" d-pad... my favorite one has a "shorter" d-pad that feels really good...

When playing shooters using the DC pad I find my self barely gripping the right side... Whatever... doesn't matter...

Ikaruga is brewing. Can you smell it?

6. Originally posted by Sidez
    Metal Slug - ASCII pads are dire. The Saturn pad pisses on it. It would be cheaper for you to buy the Total Control 3 anyway.
    I like the FT pads quite a bit actually. I agree that the Saturn pads are pretty comfortable (read my fave pad of all time) though.

Any reputable place that still stocks Saturn pads for cheap? 'Cause I only have two now, and now that I'm thinking about it, it wouldn't hurt to have spares.

7. We can't let this get off the 1st page can we?

Anyway, when do you think NCS will start taking pre orders?
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. This thread WILL become more mighty then our old JSRF thread!

It's been a couple of days, and I'm still as giddy as a schoolgirl!

Tee hee!

I'd just like to reemphasize that this, if, again, it proves to be true, is the greatest gaming news to come by in a long time.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. I have my doubts over the DC being capable of a perfect conversion of Ikaruga but whatever
    And what makes you think the PS2 has a better chance of making a "perfect" port of Ikaruga considering Ikaruga's arcade board has more memory than either DC or PS2?

This thing you keep bringing up over whether or not DC can do Ikaruga as well as PS2 is IRRELEVANT considering Treasure's programmers are masters at coding and exploiting the strengths of respective systems as has been mentioned before.

I'm guessing both versions (if it's really coming out for DC AND PS2) will be pretty much the same except the DC version will most likely have slightly crisper textures. Considering Ikaruga's arcade board has more memory than either DC or PS2 I'm crossing my fingers that Treasure's coding genius will come through and that whatever version/s is made will have little to no slowdown.