Page 19 of 265 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikaruga [DC, GC, XBLA, PC]

1. ...

Originally posted by MonsterMash
    Finally made it back to the new boards So... Ikaruga! Dreamcast! Woot! DC is the only next gen console I can play imports on, so I hope the best version is on that system. Unless of course the PS2 ver. comes out here, in which case it can wipe its rear with the DC version for all I care, I just want my Ikaruga experiance to be as good as can be

Although I'm lazy and haven't mailed NCS yet.. is there a point to pre-pre-ordering? Probably enough of one so that I should take the 5 minutes it would take to mail them. Thanks for your help guys!

good to be back.
    I would definitely get on that list., which seems to be getting longer and longer judging from the activity just on these boards. Depending on how many they get in, the first people to reserve it are the ones that are going to get offered it first. And I definitely want to get it as soon as it comes out.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. yea, definitely mail them to put you on the list if you haven't already.. we need to show that the initial demand is as large as possible so that we don't get a ridiculous shortage later..

3. kabuki,
    Still angry about that time ToysNJoys sent games to people who ordered after you and told you they were out of stock? That was you right? I believe the game was Puyo Puyo Da.

4. Originally posted by Mode7
    Apparently that's programmed in, with a certain number of bullets triggering a certain percentage of slowdown. Fun stuff.
    Yeah, I heard about that. People running tests on MAME and finding that the game was at 100% speed and 60fps despite everything coming to a crawl (rather, my point from before). I love it, personally. Kinda makes RS seem blazing in return (and I'll bet Treasure makes sure that Ikaruga moves more like RS then ESP RaDe. But hey, the whole reason for different companies is different styles).

May it rest in peace *sniff*
    I was actually debating copying that thread, but hesitated and ended up not doing it. Shame, that thing was huge!

One of the best parts of Silvergun, I thought, was when I first opened the option to turn on the hit boxes, and saw how small your ship and enemy bullets really were... I think they're the perfect size. I think that tiny hit boxes is a better way to help players than slowdown, although I'll always fondly remember the slowdown that would save my life while playing Gradius III...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. since the dreamcast release of ikaruga still seems to be a rumor, i thought it would be a good idea to write another site (gamespot) for confirmation. we would have a better chance for the question to be answered if more than one person writes, so if anyone wants to help.. thespot@gamespot.com

7. Originally posted by UndeadKing
    kabuki,
    Still angry about that time ToysNJoys sent games to people who ordered after you and told you they were out of stock? That was you right? I believe the game was Puyo Puyo Da.
    You have a good memory
    Yep, still very bitter about that one. They screwed me out of Puyo Puyo Da, Puyo Puyo 4, and a few other $20 imports

- Kabuki

8. Originally posted by epmode
    since the dreamcast release of ikaruga still seems to be a rumor, i thought it would be a good idea to write another site (gamespot) for confirmation. we would have a better chance for the question to be answered if more than one person writes, so if anyone wants to help.. thespot@gamespot.com
    Well, it was confirmed last week, so... No point asking a site that probably doesn't know/care (low blow!). Yes, Treasure announced it. No more worries.

9. Now we just have to wait for NCS to announce something...
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

10. Originally posted by Metal_Slug

Well, it was confirmed last week, so... No point asking a site that probably doesn't know/care (low blow!). Yes, Treasure announced it. No more worries.
    i was under the impression that there was no confirmation except for the magicbox story, which looked questionable.. it seemed as though they were only reprinting the ncs and gamefront.de blurbs from a week ago. i would feel better if treasure updated their website or something, but it looks like that hasn't been done in a while.

i also doubt that gamespot is interested in the story, but they just updated with the news that king of fighters 2000 is coming to the dreamcast in japan, so it's possible that they would care enough to find out about ikaruga.

at this point, i really don't think this is merely a rumor, but i'd just like to make sure. hopefully, ncs will update their site soon.