Page 15 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikaruga [DC, GC, XBLA, PC]

1. Originally posted by Sidez
    Now will it be better on PS2 or Dreamcast? :/ Dilema.
    The DC has a better controller for shooters. The NAOMI hardware is directly related to DC, only with more memory, so the port will probably be more faithful. The DC has better anti-aliasing than the PS2. VGA box capabilities. What system would it be better on?

2. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Originally posted by Richter

The DC has a better controller for shooters. The NAOMI hardware is directly related to DC, only with more memory, so the port will probably be more faithful. The DC has better anti-aliasing than the PS2. VGA box capabilities. What system would it be better on?

At this point, Richter, Ikaruga could come out for the 3DO, and we would all go out and buy one.

Still, I'll probably buy both versions.

Remember when Treasure games only came out for one system?

3. ...

Originally posted by Richter

Not to mention that thanks to converters the game can be played using a Saturn controller on the DC.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. Re: Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Originally posted by BEBOPlover

At this point, Richter, Ikaruga could come out for the 3DO, and we would all go out and buy one.
    I think the length of this thread is perfect proof of this.

5. Originally posted by dog$

No matter what the absolute truth is, what do you honestly think most people here will say?
    Man, personally I want the PS2 version to be much better and the DC version plagued with slowdown. I know a fair few DC fanboys who hate PS2 ;p I'm hoping it will be Rez all over again - the PS2 version being by far the better game ^_^

6. Knowing how good Treausre is at maxing a system's abilities (which RS is the best example of) it's doubtful Ikaruga would have much slowdown on either DC OR PS2 despite the higher memory on the Naomi. But obviously the DC version would be a lot easier for them to make.

7. that's not what i recall...
    the PS2 and DC versions of Rez were nearly identical..

plus the DC version had VGA support..

8. It sure would be nice if Treasure updated their site...

9. Originally posted by Sidez

Man, personally I want the PS2 version to be much better and the DC version plagued with slowdown. I know a fair few DC fanboys who hate PS2 ;p I'm hoping it will be Rez all over again - the PS2 version being by far the better game ^_^
    Mmmm I'm thinking DC and PS2 REZ both have their charms. DC has VGA, Mouse support, and better color it would seem. PS2, transvibrator and 60 fps. Works for me, in any case I'm getting both Ikarugas, I'm just happy I can play on the system I use the most. *-neo

10. I'd hate to turn this into a Rez debate but with 60fps, no slowdown and trance vibrator, I wouldn't touch the DC version. VGA? RGB for me please. The PS2 pad is perfect for the game also and has better vibration.

I have my doubts over the DC being capable of a perfect conversion of Ikaruga but whatever- I have the choice to get either.