Page 5 of 265 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikaruga [DC, GC, XBLA, PC]

1. Hell, they should all be there right now.

Go!

2. Heh.

3. SO, what's going on, is the PS2 version supposed to suck or something?

Why aren't you getting that version, doesn't it come out first?

Is the DC supposed to have more extras or something?

I mean, I love my DC, but I would think that it would be, if nothing else, graphically superior on the PS2.

4. Don't have a PS2, therefore:

Ikaruga on DC=Good News for K3V

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. Originally posted by Korly
    SO, what's going on, is the PS2 version supposed to suck or something?

Why aren't you getting that version, doesn't it come out first?

Is the DC supposed to have more extras or something?

I mean, I love my DC, but I would think that it would be, if nothing else, graphically superior on the PS2.
    The main reason people want the DC version is because it's much easier to play imports on a NA DC than it is on a NA PS2. I've can disk swap to play Ikaruga on my DC, but I'd have to shell out cash for a mod chip which may or may not work and then pay someone else to install it for me unless I wanted to risk screwing up my PS2 by installing it myself.

Also, I believe Ikaruga is a Naomi game and therefore I doubt it'll be any better on PS2. The DC version may even turn out better.

6. Well, any REAL hardcore players (such as myself) already have a Japanese PS2, so modchips aren't a problem for me!

j/k, I understand. Naomi port = Arcade perfect on DC.

7. Just got this back in regards to putting money down on a preorder:

Hi Kevin, it is not necessary to pay any deposit. Your request for the preorder is sufficient for us to reserve a copy of the game for you. Thanks for checking with us.
    We're all set. Woo!

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. I remember when Radient Silvergun came out (and Gunstar Heroes), Treasure said that the games couldn't be done (properly) on any other
    consoles. Because they were written so specially for thier orginal hardware. I wonder if that's the case with Ikaruga? Somehow I don't think so. But I'd rather have the game on it's native hardware than a port.

9. Well, I think your 100% right JefmcC, but I think the cost and time that it would take Treasure to port the game to PS2 versus just releasing it on hardware it was supposed to run on, kinda makes sense from the start (and since Haohmaru even said that there was a DC version already existing by the time the GD-ROM hit the arcade market shows that they were planning this out proves that point). Don't count out the fact that they did the exact same thing with RS, but even Treasure said that they released the ST-V cart and the home version too close together (time-wise). Honestly, I still don't see a problem with the port to PS2, since some DC games (REZ, Crazy Taxi, I think 18 Wheeler) have already been released on the PS2.

It's just a miracle that the DC market didn't collapse by now. My thanks to everyone who has bought a new DC game since January, that probably convinced Treasure that it was the right thing to do (release the game on DC). Didn't they say they'd do a port after 5 months?

I'm probably wrong about some of this, but it sounds about right, or close to the mark

10. Well considering a DC title (Sakura Taisen 4, hell yes) has been in the #2 spot for 2 weeks now does kinda send a message saying the DC isn't totally dead IMHO.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png