Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets Remember...Lifeforce!

1. Originally posted by Master of 7s
    And what exactly was that guy saying in the inner stomach chamber? It always sounded like "Flame Corruption!!"
    "FLAME ERUPTION!"
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Salamander's great on the PC Engine. The only part that almost-not quite though- ruins it is the terrible slowdown and flicker on bosses. Love the game though. I'd like to own the PCB someday.

Originally posted by Lordmrw
    I can also hum the tunes to all the levels. But then again, I can do that with hundreds of games, causing my bro to label me a freak.
    Hello, fellow freak

"Multiples~!"
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

4. Beautiful game. My favorite shooter on the NES. Giga, that sickening skull at the end of Stage 4... Best. Boss. Ever.

5. Originally posted by Ex Ranza
    Also remember looking at the Famicom version of Life Force 2 in EGM and thinking "man, it looks alot like 16-bit!" Too bad the sequel never came out here.
    That would be Gradius II. And yeah, the NES port did look great.

6. Originally posted by burgundy
    I also think that Life Force is a *much* better name than Salamander.
    As I recall they were different though. I remember slamander was earlier and had simpler graphics, but I liked them better for some reason.

7. Salamander had a much more traditional power-up system. There were no capsules / upgrade bars... just standard shooter-type power-ups.