Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new love for Disney after playing Kingdom Hearts?

1. A new love for Disney after playing Kingdom Hearts?

I don't know, but for some reason, after playing KH, I wanted to buy any and every Disney DVD available. I recently bought Monster's Inc. on DVD(and you should too.....the movie kicks ass), and already I want more. Disney is arguably the company with the most imagination. Just take a look at classics such as Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Aladdin, Beauty & The Beast,etc.

Okay, I sound like a gushing groupie, so I'll stop and just let the opinions flow.

Go watch the anime DVD Nadia then watch Disney's Atlantis. Then come back and tell us about Disney's imagination.

3. Y'know, I probably would if there was more Final Fantasy in it.
    Just a bit more. A party member, or just one world...
    Then I'd say, "So Disney's not that bad after all..."
    ...of course, this comes from one who's only seen so much of the game AND hasn't played it yet...

4. Glass half empty is it Yoshi

5. I've always enjoyed Disney movies, Tarzan was pretty good. Atlantis was alright, but not as great as I hoped. I didn't bother with Dinosaur since it wasn't traditional hand-drawn or made by Pixar. I'm excited about Treasure Planet though...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. Originally posted by Yoshi
    Go watch the anime DVD Nadia then watch Disney's Atlantis. Then come back and tell us about Disney's imagination.
    ...and then there's that...
    ...of course, compare Treasure Planet and Laputa...
    Similar, eh?
    ...but, then again, Treasure Planet was based on a book or something, right? So maybe... nevermind.

7. Originally posted by Yoshi

Well, that's not really fair. I heard that Atlantis wasn't that good, while Nadia is supposed to be great. Compare something like Aladdin to Apocalypse Zero anime and I'm sure you'd pick Aladdin. It all depends on the compared films. Monster's Inc. has tons of imagination(i.e. powering the city with children's screams, "Oderant" for monsters, and well.....basically the whole movie). Just like anime, Disney has their fair share of stinkers, but most of the time they get it right, lead by......you guessed it......their stunning imagination.

8. Originally posted by Otakon

Well, that's not really fair. I heard that Atlantis wasn't that good, while Nadia is supposed to be great.
    I think Yoshi was talking about how the plot, characters, situations in Nadia and Atlantis were too similar to be Disney's "imagination." Of course there was that controversy over The Lion King and that White Lion anime. Do a search on google and you'll find the comparisons between Nadia and Atlantis.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

9. Pixar made Monsters Inc.
    So, ha.
    ...and he said that because Atlantis is strikingly (and sadly) similar to Nadia. Or so I've heard from a friend of mine who loves that series.
    So, ha again!

*runs off to his nerd hole*

10. I've always been a fan of fairy tales, myths, legends, and stories, and for that I can say I'm a huge fan of the Disney subject matter. But the way they re-write the classics is horrid. They should all die; however, Disney gives their characters a warmness and identity that I love ever so very much!

It did my heart good to see Merlin made the cut. As well as 2 of the four Titans, and Mushu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.