Thread: fanart: Hsien-Ko

1. fanart: Hsien-Ko

my first serious colouring attempt... well, not that serious. ^_^
    So it's kinda like a semi-serious colouring attempt... >:P

comments, suggestions, and crits welcome.
    square peg. round hole. large hammer.

2. Wow. That looks great! The lines are awesome as usual, and you did very nice work on the colors! Keep up the good work my friend (amd if you're still taking requests...draw Su! ).

3. First time coloring? You sure? ^_^

It looks awesome. The only thing I could say is to never be afraid of going as far as you can in highlights and shadows. In reality such would be done for shiny surfaces, for added emotion or effect, but when you first start coloring, it never hurts to go overboard and get familiar with what you can do.

Psch...like I should be giving lessons. ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. (|)ildcat:
    thanks... and yeah, Kaolla Su is on my "someday-I'll-draw-this" list :)

Hero:
    It's one of my first colouring attempts on my artwork... the only other time I've ever done any colour was a Sagat, and that didn't turn out too well. I studied graphic design, so I have a lot of familiarity with Photoshop and how to use the tools and stuff - so I guess the pic doesn't show a newness to working with the software. It's just that I never applied that knowledge to colouring :)

I kinda had a slack approach to colouring this, because all I did was place solid colours and then go nuts with the burn & dodge tools, and smudged the end result to get a decent blend. But I hear what you're saying about the different textures and surfaces, and how they should be given different treatment. I'll work on that the next time I feel like colouring :)

cheers!
    square peg. round hole. large hammer.