Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Games- How Long?

1. Final Fantasy Games- How Long?

Okay, I have a ton of FF games on my Pile 'O Shame. Given time constraints, I have little desire to explore the games 100%- getting "Knights of the Round" in FF7 took a lot out of me.

How long does it take (ballpark) to finish these games?

FF IV (Chronicles edition)

FF V (Anthology edition)

FF VIII

FF IX

FF X

Play V, then IV, then throw away the others. Problem solved.

3. don't even bother with 8... it's worthless

IX will take around 30-40 hours...

4. I liked 8. But I might just be a Square whore in diguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. FFV- If you've played Tactics, you'll have a helluva time here. The job system is more primitive than Tactics, and the story is pretty standard stuff, with no real character devel. Time: 30hrs, max.

FFIV- Pretty good stuff. It's cliche, but I played it way back, and nostalgia's a powerful thing. Time: 20hrs.

FFVIII- Probably a bit better than some say, but not much. I liked the card game better than the main game. Speeding through...Time: 30 hrs.

FFIX- My fav. playstation FF by far. Characters that you can acctually like here. Time: 30 hrs.

FFX- I played the hell out of it, but never finished, so can't say anything about the time.

I took much longer on the games than what I'm saying above. I'm just guessing that this is how it'll be without any of the optional stuff.
    "Tick-tock"

6. Capt. Veg!!!!

OMGOMG! Totally sweet Avatar sig combo!

7. VIII was fantasic.

Screw you all.

8. Originally posted by Kidnemo
    Capt. Veg!!!!

OMGOMG! Totally sweet Avatar sig combo!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

None of 'em should take you more than 50 unless you're milking for levels.

To be honest I can't think of many RPG like games that don't fall short of that staple 40-hour bracket... oh wait there was that Sakura 4 game...

10. Originally posted by Shinobi128
    VIII was fantasic.
    I loved me up some FF8 too.

And like dog$ said, all of them will probably fall within the 40-50 mark your first time playing through them.