Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy Games- How Long?

1. Originally posted by Rich
    Anyways, 8 is great. best story out of FF, 9 was ok, 10 is pretty good with the exception of no airship til end, 6 was great until the ending made it suck, 5 I've had sitting for years, and 4 was really good and probably the hardest yet.
    8, best story?!?!?! What in the hell have you been smoking? If you call Rinoa getting kidnapped over and over and over and over and over.. (etc) again a great story. Oh and a little bitch of a main character moping the whole time... and don't even get me started on that time compression shit... that made my head hurt... it made that little sense.

I will agree that the World of Ruin in 6 pretty much ruined the game (ironic ain't it).
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Originally posted by bbobb
    getting kidnapped over and over and over and over and over.. (etc) again a great story
    Oh how I could exploit this on a certain game company, but I will resist

3. Most FF games total about 50 hours each. But that might be because I always leave the games on the menu screen while I go do stuff.

Call me an ECM-zombie, but FFVIII was horrible I coudn't possibly imagine anyone enjoying it.

4. Originally posted by Blaze
    Most FF games total about 50 hours each. But that might be because I always leave the games on the menu screen while I go do stuff.

Call me an ECM-zombie, but FFVIII was horrible I coudn't possibly imagine anyone enjoying it.
    My buddy imported it from Japan just based off of what he thought of VII. Egh. Yuck, not worth it at all. The game as its redeeming moments though, which is why I don't absolutely hate it.
    "Tick-tock"

5. The first disc of FFVIII was freaking sweet. Seifer was awesome... hell I loved it. I think if they had used Seifer more that would have helped alot. They could have gone alot further with how he thought he was doing the right thing.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. FF5 took me 38 hours.

7. FF 4 - around 20 hours or so. Its pretty straightforward, and you never really have to stop and level up.
    FF5 - I didn't beat it, but it seemed to me if you knew how to exploit the job system, you could plow through it.
    FF 8 - who cares?
    FF9 - 30-40 hours. Even if you don't fuck around and whatnot, the game is pretty lenghty. None of that Parasite Eve 2 bullshit where the first disc is 2 hours long.
    FF X - I haven't played it much and don't really care to.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Final Fantasy VIII was good. The draw system was shit, but the story was nice.

I like love stories... go to hell.