Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Remember...Military Madness!

1. Lets Remember...Military Madness!

That terrible (as always) box art on the US TG-16 box still can't distill the greatness held inside.

One of the best HU Cards ever released, and one of the best TBS games ever. I still pull out MM now and then, but back in the day this game owned me for days on end. In fact, the release of Advance Wars actually rekindled my interest in this one. Amazing how well it has aged.

Just like Advance Wars, you are responsible for maintaining and leading your military forces to victory. Battles are a numbers game, as each exchange of fire is measured by terrain, who-attacks-first, unit strength, and number strength. Hence, you must weigh your options and decide what is the most prudent course of action.

MM was my first introduction to the TBS genre- and showed me a great diversion from action-based games.

It would be nice to see a sequel done using 3D graphics.

Who rembers Military Madness?

2. Great game.
    I still play it through at least once a year.
    If you really liked it, & you have a duo, you should buy it's sequal.
    Neo Nectaris is a super cd, & it's greatness also.
    One of my all time fav's.

3. *Wonders where the hell Haohmaru is at... he is always ranting and raving about it*
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Right here, as always. =P

Nectaris, MM, Neo Nectaris, PSX Neo Nectaris.

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

Still play all of 'em.

Let's not forget the Daisenrakyu series in the hexagon TBS console game genre too.

5. Originally posted by haohmaru
    Right here, as always. =P

Nectaris, MM, Neo Nectaris, PSX Neo Nectaris.

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

Still play all of 'em.

Let's not forget the Daisenrakyu series in the hexagon TBS console game genre too.
    Come now... don't you have more to say about it then that?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Nectaris for PS has the original Military Madness hidden in it somewhere

Military Madness has been on my must-play list since EGM gave it high scores many years ago. I still haven't played it.

8. Anyone know how playable Nectaris is for a Japanese illiterate like me?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Anyone know how playable Nectaris is for a Japanese illiterate like me?
    "Nectaris" = Military Madness (U.S. release)
    "Neo Nectaris" = additional levels, etc.. Super CD for PCE

I'd recommend getting the PSX U.S. release of Nectaris - has MANY more levels than either MM or NN for PCE.

In the event that you're boycotting U.S. games, you'll be able to pick up the game in a decent amount of time - it's not THAT complicated.

If you get stuck, ask me.

10. Originally posted by haohmaru
    "Nectaris" = Military Madness (U.S. release)
    "Neo Nectaris" = additional levels, etc.. Super CD for PCE

I'd recommend getting the PSX U.S. release of Nectaris - has MANY more levels than either MM or NN for PCE.

In the event that you're boycotting U.S. games, you'll be able to pick up the game in a decent amount of time - it's not THAT complicated.
    I'm not boycotting US games or anything; I actually had the PSone rev for awhile but got rid of it. The reason I was thinking of buying Nectaris over MM was because I have a PCE, and I kinda disliked all the load times and clunky graphics in the PSone remake.

So the PSone release has more levels, you say? Maybe I'll just get that one instead.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood