Emperor Lutz I
United Terran Empire
October Third, 2001
To all true dictators:
Is it not true that a real dictator, in this day and age, relies on the Military? So, here is my compiled MILITARY list of suggestions.
1. THE DREADED DRAFT. That's right. This should be an edict, "Draft Tropican", where you, for a price, and less liberty, can send anybody (Except children) into a nearby barracks. Just don't overuse it, or you'll have to pay for their release, the "Service Completed" Edict. It raises liberty.
2. MORE STRUCTURES. They could be anything from a Barracks to the Armory. Here's a short list:
Barracks (Housing For Troops)
Adv. Armory (Tanks... YEAH!)
Military Shipyard (Bid or build subs, destroyers, dreadnoughts... whatever.)
Bunker (Small, for troops, or HUGE, for a central command center... heh heh...)
Cruise Missile Silo (No nukes
, but those are too pricey...)
Commad Center (Allows strikes against NEIGHBORING CARRIBEAN DICTATORSHIPS! A good thing...)
And so on.
3. WARSHIPS. Need I say more?
4. TANKS. Ditto?
5. SECRET POLICE. This one I've been hearing a lot. A good idea, actually... It's what Stalin used, so why not you?
6. RELOCATION OF PALACE. It's not so military, yes, but it's handy to get it off the SHORE when being attacked. So put it up on that mountain and surround it with troops. Good Times.
7. CIVILIAN GUARD. This edict hands everybody an gun, and your people get riled to fight. It's a last-ditch thing, really, and it's VERY pricey. Something like $50 PER PERSON. So you can't just do it for the heck of it.
8. ADVANCED SOLDIERS. This edict gives all soldiers armor plating, better weapons, and nicer boots. Ha. Pricey, AND you need to have allied with the U.S. first.
9. ADVANCED SUBMARINES. This edict advances all purchased or built subs to a new standard. VERY pricey, and you must be allied with Russia first.
10. NUCLEAR MISSILE SILO. THIS building is the most expensive, 'cuz Plutonium ain't cheap. Special Conditions:
A. If you build a Silo, and start arming it with a Nuke, the U.S. will launch a full-scale attack. A bad thing.
B. If you ally with the U.S. or Russia first, get their base on the Homeland, and then
build a Nuke, you're O.K., but you may only launch the missiles at targets designated by your allied superpower. If you try to launch elsewhere, your allied suerpower AND the other superpower (both the US and the USSR) will attack. If they fail, your troops will be revered permanently, and the world will send you diplomats (and money. Lots of money.)
These are my suggestions. At first, it looks like you'd need a whole new game for some of 'em, and that's what I think PopTop should do: Tropico II, set somewhere a little in the future. Or perhaps in the present.
But whatever shall be done, I hope a few of my suggestions make it to a Tropic sequel.
Thanks for reading,