"A land with no people
is for a people with no land". - A slogan used to intice European Jews to move to Israel when it was first set up!
Based on Ottoman records ...
In the early 19th century Palestines pop. was 350,000.
In 1914 it had 657,000
uslim Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs and 59,000 jews (including many european jews.)
So the jewish pop. in Palestine in 1914 was 8%, much smaller that the Christian Arab pop.
Also in 1945 Palestinians owned and operated >93% of the lands in Palestine. Since then 80% of the Palestinian people became DISPOSSESSED from their homes, farms, and businesses.
The roots of the 1948 war go as far back as the first recognition on the part of the Palestinians that the zionists wished to establish a jewish state on their land. In late 1947 the United Nations proposed that Palestine be divided into a Palestinian Arab state and a jewish state. The UN Partition Plan recommended that 55 percent of Palestine, and the most fertile region, be given to the jewish settlers who compromised 30 percent of the population. The remaining 45 percent of Palestine was to comprise a home for the other 70 percent of the population who were Palestinians.
The Palestinians rejected the plan because it was unfair.
israel and its supporters claim that the Arabs first attacked in Janurary 1948 and then invaded israel in May 1948. But ben-gurion states otherwise..
"Until the British left, no Jewish settlement, however remote, was entered or seized by the Arabs, while the Haganah, under severe and frequent attack, captured many Arab positions and liberated Tiberias and Haifa, Jaffa and Safad" - ben gurion
So the entire problem...is with the immigrants being jews
Yes + No. Its not them being jews, its the amount of them being jews.
I mean Palestinians made up 92% of the pop. in 1914. They now make up less than 50% is that fair. They used to have control over 93% of the land. The now don't have control over any.
Even the UN wasn't being fair to them. 30% were granted 55% including the most fertile land. the remaining 70& got 45% of the second best.
It's just fine for a group of Islamic people to wander back and forth across the border...then collect in the country in large numbers...nobody objects.
I think I was wrong. I turns out they weren't nomads! Even if they did they must have lived in Palestine half the time. Also they didn't "collect" there.
But when the Jews immigrate to the country...there's a problem?!
Well firstly yes there is when millions of them immigrate. And secondly it wasn't their country. How would you like it if 300,000,000 Russians immigrated to the US during the cold war?