OK, I'm getting the hang of this game. I'm still working on my 1st island - Random, where I was lucky to get a gold mine somewhat near the docks that has helped my financial situation greatly. I have a couple more questions that you all might be able to help with, if you could be so kind.
1) Is there a quick and easy way to get your workers to live in the housing you want them to? ie I have zones set up for my dockers, miners and toursit areas each with their own housing and they seem to just randomly choose where to live (usually in a difft zone). I have tried the mass eviction (by raising all rents)someone posted here and that works fairly well, but it seems to piss the people off for a couple of years.
2) The average worker happiness seems to take a huge hit when you have even a few "working" as students. Has anyone else noticed this? Ungrateful little peasants, I mean you try to help them and they spit all over you!
3) Is there a way to prevent tourists from using the entertainment facilities you have built for the locals?
4) Has anyone done any research on the # of doctors, priests and cops required per (100) citizens?
5) Lastly, as a displaced New Yorker I was somewhat disappointed by the insults I recieved last time (for those of you who bothered to insult me - this doesnt include you). I mean come on, how often do you get someone asking for punishment. I hope you all can give me your worst.
Thanks again in advance.