Someone call for a economic/tourism expert? You got one
(Okay enough boasting for me)
There is no specific way to get eco-tourist. There can only be a differnce of rich and poor tourists. Slobs/Springbreakers and Rich/Eco-tourists.
If you want eco-tourists, my advice is that you build medium hotels or luxury hotels. Medium hotels would be preferable as they do not require electricity until later in the game then you can upgrade to luxury hotels.
When tourists come to your island, what determines what type of tourists that come depends on a percentage. Either you have groups A, the poor ones or group B the rich ones. To attract the groups is very simple, hotel differnce, attraction prices. To change the type of people e.g. rich/eco then you have to issue edicts such as the geographical project.
The game works in percentages
so only a certain percentage of the goup B would be eco-tourists and issuing edicts can alter that percentage. Example
I have 200 tourists. 40% of them are eco- tourists, that is 80 tourists. The other 60% are rich ones, that is 120 tourists. If my target of eco- tourists is 400, this means i need 1000 tourists. Are you with me? So the trick is to just keep on expanding but at the same time you have to manage your population. I once played a game where 70% of my population was working in the tourism industry, the others farming. If ya need more help, just look up at the older threads, one of them written by me about how you can jump start the economy with tourism and earn $5000 in profits by the end of the first year.Quite a masterpiece that one was if i do say so myself