The name of the scenario is, "Gold Rush."
The scripted part is very simple. There is nothing about a delay in having the first freighter dock.
Since there are two reports of a freighter delay with several lined up, it may be that the scriptor's original file has some sort of glitch in it.
I started it up and played for several years. The layout is very, very poor. The huge problem is the little peninsula where the Port is placed at the end of a long road. That location completely messes up the pathfinding for the Dockworkers and Teamsters, and makes them take way too much time to make the trip there. They start on a direct line - ignoring the road - and find the way blocked by a few tiles of water. Then they wander around and finally search out the road to the Port.
I had no problem with freighters docking. The first three appeared in September 1950, and one went right to the dock. They continued regularly as long as I played, the problem was the Dockworkers were able to find their way to work so seldom.
My suggestions to salvage the lousy layout =
While paused at the start, place construction in the following order:
- Two Construction Offices within 75 tiles of the original Construction Office
- A Port in a location with a short, direct line from the center of the settlement
- Immediately set the original Port to Yachts Only and lock out all employees
- Set the new Port to Freighters Only and set the pay to 6
- A Marketplace as a catchment for food before the freighter Port *
- Two Mines, one adjacent to each of the large deposits leaving them set to the All Metals option **
- Five Bungalows along the road near the tourist port
While still initially paused:
- Lockout two positions at the Palace
- Reset rents
- Country Houses to 1
- Blue Houses to 2
- * Evaluate Farms for a variety in food supply and productivity
- Setup has unneeded roads which use farming zones, note them for bulldozing later
- Change Farm options to get as many types of food as possible
- ** Look carefully at the ore fields to locate the edges ; you have to build eight mines
- you need to find the exact edge of each deposit because when you build a mine on a tile with ore, nothing else can be built on an ore tile
- The small, cental ore field has something blocking the construction of a mine near it - what is it?
Later, when you have the money build a Teamster's Office near each of the two large ore deposits and bulldoze the original one. Don't worry about the Farmers carrying their goods.