Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. I still don't think I want/need one. My X is good enough for most games, and I expect a "Pro" will come out in a couple of years and I can jump in then.

2. But will that one ALSO take over a year and a half to be available!?

Probably not, if the One X and PS4 Pro is any indication it'll actually be much easier to get it day 1 than the Series X is to get now.

3. Series X is now available on Amazon. Hurry!

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-X/dp/B08...ix=Xbox&sr=8-3
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 May 2021 at 08:01 PM.

4. So playing around with this, the most impressive thing to me so far is quick resume, it's bananas. In 10 seconds I go from a game, to another game and BACK. Like holy shit.

I imagine once every game supports this, it will be a huge part of people's willingness to drop into a multiplayer game for a quick round. Keeping that random fighting game, or golf game, in quick resume with zero load time will make a pick up round all too easy. Super cool feature.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So playing around with this, the most impressive thing to me so far is quick resume, it's bananas. In 10 seconds I go from a game, to another game and BACK. Like holy shit.

I imagine once every game supports this, it will be a huge part of people's willingness to drop into a multiplayer game for a quick round. Keeping that random fighting game, or golf game, in quick resume with zero load time will make a pick up round all too easy. Super cool feature.
    It’s a feature we didn’t know we needed or wanted. It’s another thing that Microsoft has done that everyone will copy going forward.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

6. It's gonna be like tab browsing! No one on earth remembers that InternetWorks was the first browser that had it and it doesn't matter now, it's just the standard.

Honestly though, since the original Xbox it's just been Microsoft knocking the console/features out of the park every generation until everyone copies them. I still think PS has the better exclusives, but between the HD in the OG Xbox, achievements, Xbox Live, Games with Gold, Gamepass and now Quick Resume it's impossible to argue that MS isn't the trendsetter for console gaming platforms.

7. Achievements was one of the best ideas MS has come up with for the consoles, though I can't lie and say XBox Live didn't kick the doors down for online gaming on consoles.

8. I've been waiting to play Control because I don't have the hardware for it to play well. MS just opened up the Xcloud beta to browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari) to Game Pass Ultimate subscribers (go to xbox.com/play and sign in to your account and you are in). They also finished migrating the servers from One S hardware to Series X so there is a massive jump in computing power (tops out at 1080p for now).

I tried Xcloud on my cell phone before and it's neat. Works pretty well but touch screen controls on a small screen sucks.

I just played for a half hour or so and it's really impressive. The start-up Xcloud screen with the rocket ship is way faster and once the game is doing the loading, that goes way faster too. The image quality is very good and the framerate is fantastic. There's more aliasing than I thought there'd be (or should be, holy jaggies) but it looks really good. I messed with the brightness because shit can get so dark and that's probably my biggest complaint, it just made the screen look more washed out than brighter, seeing anything in dark spaces can be a bitch (are there stairs over there? Is that a hallway I can walk down?)

The big thing is, I didn't notice any lag. Shooting and running around felt like I was playing on an Xbox in my room. I had a handful of network notices but performance never faltered. This obviously depends on your ISP so the faster, the better. I have Altice, 300Mb down 35Mb up.

9. The Series S is available at your local Walmart’s. I saw 3 at my store and Bonuskun told me he saw 3 at his nearby store as well.

10. So it looks like things are finally starting to catch up. Yesterday I saw 3 Series S's at Walmart in the store. Gamevet texted me a picture of 3 he saw today as well. I'm happy it's happening to finally slow down with this shit but still holding out to get a Series X when they finally hit store shelves.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL