Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 455557585960616373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Trump certainly took that ball and ran with it like never before.
    He said and did some really fucking stupid things. No doubt. The sooner we close the chapter on him and the current idiot-in-chief, the better.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't disagree with the above, but if we're really analyzing this to the extent that we need to then we should recognize that the Trump/Russian Collusion nonsense is where the seeds of doubt were planted regarding our election process. That's where all of this really started.
    This doesn't really make sense.

1. Russiagate (and the origins thereof) may have undermined public trust in the FBI as a non partisan agency, and understably so, but not the electoral process.

2. Russiagate wasn't about the integrity of the vote, it was about influence; about Russia using social media to try to push voters to Trump. It wasn't saying the vote was invalid or illegal or fraudulent in anyway.

3. The part that was manufactured was evidence of Trump's involvement, NOT the influence campaign itself. Russia's efforts to influence the election have been corroborated by intelligence, forensic analysis, and a recent Kremlin memo leak.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

3. I don’t like free University because it’s regressive if a fast food worker has to pay for a surgeons tuition. But government loan programs that are tagged to interest rates equal to inflation and regulation/subsidisation of course fees allows for a more merit based society which makes a more efficient economy. Everyone is where they should be, and dumb rich kids don’t sit on the glass floor and the smart poor kids aren’t wasted. There’s lots of real life studies that show for every dollar invested in education you get a much higher return in GDP.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This doesn't really make sense.

1. Russiagate (and the origins thereof) may have undermined public trust in the FBI as a non partisan agency, and understably so, but not the electoral process.

2. Russiagate wasn't about the integrity of the vote, it was about influence; about Russia using social media to try to push voters to Trump. It wasn't saying the vote was invalid or illegal or fraudulent in anyway.

3. The part that was manufactured was evidence of Trump's involvement, NOT the influence campaign itself. Russia's efforts to influence the election have been corroborated by intelligence, forensic analysis, and a recent Kremlin memo leak.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
    It completely makes sense that that the Russian collusion investigation that lasted for two years is where doubt in our election process really started - particularly with Trump supporters and certain Republicans. Arguing otherwise is just nonsensical.

Russian interference in elections has been going on for decades and Hillary also had her fingers in that pot - as did Biden.I'm not going to try to litigate this with you because, honestly, I just don't care to. The seeds of doubt in our process began with that two year investigation the produced next to nothing - other than being on TV every day for two years and making certain Trumpsters and Republicans suspicious of the process.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    It completely makes sense that that the Russian collusion investigation that lasted for two years is where doubt in our election process really started - particularly with Trump supporters and certain Republicans. Arguing otherwise is just nonsensical.
    I don't think you're following, here... Russiagate was never about who won, it was just about whether or not Trump broke the law...

Russian election influence, and Trump's collusion therein are two different subjects, neither of which have to do with our election process or cast doubt on who won, and only the latter of which has been shown to be at all untrue.

Russia DID hack the DNC and leak the emails to hurt Hillary. They DID try to manipulate social media to manipulate US citizens to vote in a way aligned with their interests. This doesn't mean the vote itself is inacurate or the election is invalid in any way, and it's also a true thing that happened.

The idea that Trump was actively involved with this interference hasn't been substantiated, and some of the other accusations of his involvement with Russia have been discredited. But these were efforts to undermine trust in Trump, not in the election process, and ultimately when they backfired they eroded trust in the FBI more than anyone.

Russian interference in elections has been going on for decades and Hillary also had her fingers in that pot - as did Biden.I'm not going to try to litigate this with you because, honestly, I just don't care to.
    Again you're totally off into a different conversation now. What does any of this have to do with election integrity?

The seeds of doubt in our process began with that two year investigation the produced next to nothing
    Produced nothing with regard to Trump's participation, not nothing with regard to the election influence itself...

Trump's involvement is just about whether or not Trump is a criminal, not whether or not he won...
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 28 Sep 2021 at 09:10 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't think you're following, here... Russiagate was never about who won, it was just about whether or not Trump broke the law...

Russian election influence, and Trump's collusion therein are two different subjects, neither of which have to do with our election process or cast doubt on who won, and only the latter of which has been shown to be at all untrue.

Russia DID hack the DNC and leak the emails to hurt Hillary. They DID try to manipulate social media to manipulate US citizens to vote in a way aligned with their interests. This doesn't mean the vote itself is inacurate or the election is invalid in any way, and it's also a true thing that happened.

The idea that Trump was actively involved with this interference hasn't been substantiated, and some of the other accusations of his involvement with Russia have been discredited. But these were efforts to undermine trust in Trump, not in the election process, and ultimately when they backfired they eroded trust in the FBI more than anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

The corrosive effect of Trump on our entire political system is difficult to undertstate. If you knew Trump would lead to a country where ~1/3 no longer believe in elections, and you still wouldn't have voted for almost anyone else, then I don't really know how to have a conversation about "policy" with you.
    The one who is not following along here is you. The above, bolded, is where this conversation began. You keep trying to point out facts about Russia, Hillary, Trump, etc... and I've done nothing to refute any of this. All I'm saying is that the two year Russian collusion investigation is where the doubts in our election process REALLY started and I'm linking this directly to the 1/3 you're saying "no longer believe in elections". I think you're right, but I think it started far earlier than the last Presidential election. We done here?

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    We done here?

*This is what's in my mind waiting for Frog's reply!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    What you bolded did not say you get flu from the vaccine. It says you can still get the flu even with the shot (because GOOD flu shots are only usually 70% efficacious at best). The 96% covid shot is a miracle of science.

Nasal apps of vaccines also cannot give you the flu. This is like saying you went blind from staring directly at the sun… in a 4K video. Not the same thing bud.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 03 Oct 2021 at 12:34 AM.

9. This discussion was already over bud!