Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This year's haul: 2022

1. Thanks guys!

2. A friend had picked up a Dreamcast, but it had no controller. He asked me if I had one available, and I gladly offered him a boxed Dreamcast controller that I've had sitting in a bin for nearly 20 years. He traded these 3 Atari 2600 titles in return. I wanted Haunted House, because that was one of the 1st games that I'd ever bought for myself. I'd lost the box and manual to my old copy, over the years. The Activision title was in great shape, except for the dreaded Activision glue leak through on the cart label. Solar Fox looks like it never left the box.

Chrono Cross finally arrived today.

A friend located this game for me and I traded a loose N64 games, some old Game Informer mags and a beat up copy of Contra: Shattered Soldier for it.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Robot Tank is amazing, my favorite 2600 game ever. I have my Atari 7800 hooked up just so I can play this regularly. My highest is 58 tanks, I just can't break 60 tanks threshold.

4. Did somebody just throw down the gauntlet?!

5. Hell yah, let's do it. I might be motivated enough to hit 60 one of these days.

6. I haven't given up on that challenge, I've just taken a slight detour.

I got a replacement UPS for my living room entertainment center, that houses the 4K OLED, 200 Watt stereo/receiver, several consoles and a 4K capable PC. I replaced the UPS at an Outback last week and they wanted us to dispose of the old router, WAPS and UPS. This was a perfectly fine 1000VA UPS and the current UPS I had in the living room was taken from a Chase bank about 10 years ago. It was starting to give out and I was seriously considering getting at least a 1200VA UPS. This one will do, because nothing is better than free.

This is a really nice UPS. It shows power draw, battery life and load. I had it in the back of my truck for about 5 days, so the battery was kind of low when I took this pic. It was showing a load between 200 and 240 watts with the television, stereo and PS4 running. It'll be interesting to see how power hungry the i9 computer gets.

7. My dad had passed away last December, and that was the last time I'd visited Montana. My brother had inherited the property and was in charge of the estate, since he lived up there and I'm in Texas. I returned to visit last week, to see my brother's youngest get married and to catch up with family. While digging through (3 or 4 buildings) all of the stuff that my dad had spread around the property, he had set aside these video game related items for me.

I already own 3 or 4 of these titles, but the official Nintendo cart holder was a nice addition.

He'd also found this sealed Super Metroid. My dad bought a lot of stuff and just never opened it.

I'd inherited a coin collection from my dad (as well as one from my deceased uncle in the 80s) and I was able to box up and ship about half of it while there. This portion ended up costing me about $75 to ship. I haven't really had much time to check out the value of these coins. I did a quick check on the coin proof sets (there's about 7 or 8 of them) and they average between $15 to $20 in value. There's one set that might have a dime in it, worth a ton of money, but I doubt that I got that lucky.

8. Sorry about your dad Gamevet. He did well with that Super Metroid!

9. I'd also like to give condolences GV.

That Super Metroid is a crazy find, sealed copies go for over $1,300 right now and it was just hanging out in a box.