Page 11 of 230 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. I think Halverson posted on TNL once to straighten some things out (in a thread about Halverson, not surprisingly)

Either it really happened or, all this Halverson talk got me imagining things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

2. might have been on the GG boards but i remember it as well. i think Doshi and/or MVS called him out on some things.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Wasn't Halverson also the Postmeister?
    Actually, most of the team took turns -- not sure if he ever stepped up to that duty. But as it turns out, Hi-Fi ended up playing the role the longest from what he told me sometime ago.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    Actually, most of the team took turns -- not sure if he ever stepped up to that duty. But as it turns out, Hi-Fi ended up playing the role the longest from what he told me sometime ago.
    I only speak of the time I was there, of course, which was full time from before issue 1 until about the 12th issue, plus I worked on 4-5 issues after that on a freelance basis, part time, but on site.

5. I'd like to give a shout out to shidoshi and djpubba for what they've contributed to this thread. Gamefan was my all-time favorite gaming mag. As has been pointed out, it wasn't the best or most professionally written, but it had 10,000x the personality of any other mag. I enjoyed reading it so much I even read the sports game articles, and I couldn't give a shit about sports games.

As for shidoshi, I remember your review of Real Bout: Fatal Fury and how you went on and on about the "Blue Mary Blues" extra you got when you beat the game (I think you called it "the greatest extra in the history of fighting games"). Good review.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Why am I surprised? Well, my perceptions are shattered. I feel the same way I did when I first learned that Santa Claus wasnt real
    Hahaha

I've heard about about Halverson's multiple personalities before...I know how you feel, dude.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Dec 2004 at 04:37 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I'd like to give a shout out to shidoshi and djpubba for what they've contributed to this thread. Gamefan was my all-time favorite gaming mag. As has been pointed out, it wasn't the best or most professionally written, but it had 10,000x the personality of any other mag. I enjoyed reading it so much I even read the sports game articles, and I couldn't give a shit about sports games.

As for shidoshi, I remember your review of Real Bout: Fatal Fury and how you went on and on about the "Blue Mary Blues" extra you got when you beat the game (I think you called it "the greatest extra in the history of fighting games"). Good review.

Hahaha

I've heard about about Halverson's multiple personalities before...I know how you feel, dude.
    Haha yes I loved that mag for that same reason and the screen shots of games. Jessus I used to stare at the Game Cave game shots on the back just to try and make my desicion on what darn game to blow my money on. That darn mag had the greatest shots of games.

They even made Macross VFX look good too bad it was a turd.

8. GameGo made Stretch Panic look good.

*checkmate*
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Hehe. I remember when he had like a six page spread on how great Battle Monsters for the Saturn was....BATTLE MONSTERS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battlemo_screen004.jpg 
Views:	776 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	13304  

10. Quote Originally Posted by x2y
    They even made Macross VFX look good too bad it was a turd.
    Hey, at least I trashed it in my review.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Haha, yeah. I wasn't the biggest Real Bout fan in the world, but at that point, I was far and away the biggest NeoGeo fan that was at the mag. Anything that I could do to get more coverage for the Neo, I did.

And actually, Blue Mary made a cameo in one way or another in most of the game reviews that I did.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.