Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 57891011 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X/S (Official Thread)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Honestly, I'm more concerned about games running well and looking good at 60fps than devs pushing for higher. At least this generation.
    There’s FSR, which is AMDs answer to Nvidia’s DLSS.

2. MSFT buying Activision. Boom Shakalaka

3. It's massive but they have alot of work ahead of them. Most of the franchises they're getting are on a downturn not to mention all the internal issue within Activision.

I would have went for Sega instead, personally. Maybe EA since they're also having issues but Madden and FIFA will still sell like crazy.

4. Call of Duty is still a massive franchise. It wouldn’t be a good ideas, financially, to not allow the franchise to continue on PlayStation, but they could give Xbox owners limited time exclusivity.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    It's massive but they have alot of work ahead of them. Most of the franchises they're getting are on a downturn not to mention all the internal issue within Activision.

I would have went for Sega instead, personally. Maybe EA since they're also having issues but Madden and FIFA will still sell like crazy.
    Yeah, Microsoft is paying for a very overpriced fixer-upper, and frankly that's not really MS's specialty. MS in general is pretty hands off with their acquisitions, but I don't think that's gonna work here. Kotick has run this company into the ground just milking Call of Duty. Even studios that created successful AA titles like the recent Crash and Tony Hawk games have been rolled into the Call of Duty factory. Blizzard is in shambles. They're a mess. MS is gonna have to get their hands dirty and change things, and probably move away from the annualized model, which is increasingly unsustainable across the industry.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    It's massive but they have alot of work ahead of them. Most of the franchises they're getting are on a downturn not to mention all the internal issue within Activision.

EA has more than double the valuation of Activision, might not really be possible even for MS.

A smart move might be trying to poach the NFL license though...

7. That didn't work out when they tried to create their own NFL game in NFL Fever. They pretty much had to drop that franchise for EA to bring Madden to the Xbox. I don't know, was NFL Fever even good?

8. From what I remember, NFL Fever isn't bad. It had some neat ideas but it isn't familiar like Madden so people don't care. NFL 2k5 is still the best football and only the $20 price point allowed it to compete with Madden. FIFA is actually more valuable, those fans are nuts and that series is very stale from what I have read. However, there is zero competition since Konami sabotage themselves with ProEvo.

MS paid a lot of money for the IPs, regardless of how we feel about the actual games, they seem to sell. Candy Crush alone makes a crap ton of cash.

9. MS actually made the right decision in hindsight, just one more Fever game and they wouldn't have been able to continue after the EA exclusivity on the NFL license in 2006. I enjoyed at least the first 2 in the series when they were released.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    They pretty much had to drop that franchise for EA to bring Madden to the Xbox. I don't know, was NFL Fever even good?
    Where did this come from? Madden 2002 came out on the Xbox's launch day.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    MS actually made the right decision in hindsight, just one more Fever game and they wouldn't have been able to continue after the EA exclusivity on the NFL license in 2006. I enjoyed at least the first 2 in the series when they were released.

Where did this come from? Madden 2002 came out on the Xbox's launch day.
    I’ve got my stories crossed. EA did not want MS servers running their sports titles, so MS finally gave in to EA and let EA sports titles run on EA servers. I did find it a bit odd that MS sold all of their sports titles to Ubisoft and stopped producing NFL Fever sometime around the time that they came into agreement with EA.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2004/04...-is-lost?amp=1
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Jan 2022 at 02:06 PM.