Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk - general thread

1. Berserk - general thread

Last night I finished volume five of Berserk, and am in a fever to see the series' conclusion. This show was good from the start, but somewhere in the middle of volume three it went from "watch an episode at a time" to "watch every damn episode I can get my hands on all in a row."

The beauty of this series hit the high point in volume four, which is downright one of the best anime DVDs I own.

I don't want to say anything specific about the show, for fear of ruining it for someone out there, but I will say that it has gone well above my expectations for an anime series. Highest recomendations.

- Kabuki

2. Agreed. Probably my favorite anime and one of the best works of fiction I've seen. I'm dying for the next season.

3. Yes, Berserk is good. I'm, not so patiently, awaiting the sixth DVD, which I've already ordered and should be arriving in the mail any day now.

So far, the fifth DVD's my favorite.

Gon
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

4. I don't want to give anything away, but I'll say that if you're digging what you've seen thus far, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Bah. I've deleted several attempts at vague description for fear of even the slightest spoilers. Just watch the rest, and I'll be very interested in hearing your reactions to the final 2 or 3 episodes.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. Thanks to Kaneda, and now this thread, Berserk is near the top of my will-buy series for summer viewing. I never gave it a second thought previously, but now I'm piqued.

6. Berserk rocks, everyone I introduce it to seems to love it and personaly I can't wait for some more news of the new game.

7. Gutsu is so bad ass. I want to be like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. Originally posted by Prince Planet
    I don't want to give anything away, but I'll say that if you're digging what you've seen thus far, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Bah. I've deleted several attempts at vague description for fear of even the slightest spoilers. Just watch the rest, and I'll be very interested in hearing your reactions to the final 3 or 3 episodes.
    Those final episodes are definitely eye-openers; the last especially will make you want the next season bad. I was nearly in tears by the end of it. Last I heard, they were moving into pre-production...so it'll be a very very long time before we see more. But I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: Looks like it's on its way next year.

9. man....the anime is gonna have a whole shitload of catching up to do.

I'd still get it though, I love berserk

10. Originally posted by Kaneda
    Agreed. Probably my favorite anime and one of the best works of fiction I've seen. I'm dying for the next season.
    Second season when?!?, also I hear that se anime change a lot of things from the maga I hope the next season stay closer to the original story