Page 1 of 106 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

1. Yuck South Park

With season 8 off to an amazing start (and me constantly talking about SP in the Chappelle thread) it's about time we have a thread devoted to the genius that is Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

In episode 3, Cartman tries to fake being retarted to win the $1,000 prize at the special olympics and Jimmy starts doing steroids! Can Timmy help Jimmy off the dangerous path of drug abuse? Will Cartman beat all the retards and win the $1,000? Could Major League Baseball be more of a pathetic joke?! All this and more on episode 3, Season 8!

Edit: And I spelled official wrong in the description! Hell yeah.

2. 8 seasons in and the show is still as good as it ever was. Great stuff. Hopefully it'll continue to be great but if not, I hope they have the good sense to kill it off before it starts to completely suck like the Simpsons do now.

I personally find Matt Stone and Trey Parker to be annoying douchebags, though.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I had given up on South Park around seasosn 4 or 5, but i agree, this season really has been a return to classic form. I think they try to be a little too topical, but it worked on last night's episode. I hope they can keep it up.

4. The Special Olympics episode was hilarious.
    Time for a change

5. The Ninja episode (Good Times with Weapons) was the best I've seen yet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I personally find Matt Stone and Trey Parker to be annoying douchebags, though.
    Reallly? Why? I think they're great. Whenever I see an interview of either of them I stop to watch. I'm surprised they're able to write the shows they do, it takes a lot of creativity to make a taboo subject that could offend a lot of people but be funny and have a good point at the end.

I haven't watched SP faithfully in awhile but the SP-Chappelle connection on Wednesdays has made me a believer again. I've missed a lot of episodes so there's quite a bit I've missed (like season 6).

And Baseket Ball was fucking hilarious.

7. I've got a wonderful penis
    and hair on my balls
    That sound is "sarubobo"
    No! It's a ninja.
    Hey Hey Let's Go! We will fight
    The important thing, protect my balls!
    I'm bad, so let's fighting
    Let's fighting love...

LETS FIGHTING LOOOOOOVE!
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. Sl1p you try to leave me and I'll kill you bitch.

Now put on "2 Become 1" and let's get with the loving.
    Time for a change

9. The last few seasons of South Park have been awesome and this one is off to a killer start as well. I love how Cartman just continues to get eviler and eviler. Although my favorite Cartman moment is still when he got what was coming to him in the Music episode. (the one where he started the christian band)
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    In episode 3, Cartman tries to fake being retarted to win the $1,000 prize at the special olympics and Jimmy starts doing steroids! Can Timmy help Jimmy off the dangerous path of drug abuse? Will Cartman beat all the retards and win the $1,000? Could Major League Baseball be more of a pathetic joke?! All this and more on episode 3, Season 8!
    I thought Wednesday's was the second episode. The (brilliant) Ninja episode was the season premiere.

South Park started out brilliantly, began to wear around season 4-5, and then became brilliant again when they stopped killing off Kenny. Some of the recent stuff they've done approaches Simpsons caliber, particularly the Mormon episode from last season.

Next week promises to be epic. They're taking on Mel Gibson and the Passion of the Christ. I can't wait.

"Go on, Kyle. Prove Mel Gibson wrong."
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood