Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15252728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA and Virtua Cop were the best pack-in ever.
    I should be clear, Wii Sport is the best pack-in to sell a system. Those 3 are fine fine games but really didn't help the Saturn.

2. I disagree. Without Daytona up front and Virtua Fighter 2 shutting up everyone that said Saturn couldnt do 3D, I believe its sales would have been far worse.

3. If it was successful Sega wouldn't have to release DC earlier and abandoned the Saturn. Arcade games started to have limited appeal during that time, and PS1 was just killing it on every front.

I loved those games and I was hopeful because it showed that Sega was trying, but it was too little too late.

4. You're say8ng they didnt help put Saturn over the top, and that may be true. I'm saying it would have done even worse without them.

5. Duck Hunt / SMB is a pretty goddamned formidable pack in game besides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Nintendo sold something like 100M Wiis. How would the Wii have done without Wii Sports? Probably somewhere around Wii U levels.

7. Super Mario World. 100+ levels to seek out kept me busy a few months.

AM2's work never sold the Saturn to me, seem to recall a number of mags taking Daytonas graphics to task. Panzer 1 and 2 on a TRU kiosk was glorious though.

A 100% save file of SMW has 96 exits to fewer than that many levels.

So we have people on tnl that think wii sports moved 100 million consoles and is the best bundled in softwate?

I don't think that is true but if it is, what a testament to the stupidity of humans.

The orginal mario or sonic bundles are probably the best. One reasserted gaming and started the real us love afair with ninendo and the other probably saved sega. Both sold many units and are still having an impact on gaming.

Wii sports is the tickle me elmo of bundles. A fluke or a con. Systems and games shoved in a closet after Christmas season passes. Very little impact on the industry. Might have given Nintendo enough money to wait out the wii u failure. Maybe.