Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17272930313233 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

I thought it was great seeing people previously uninterested in video games enjoying Wii Sports. The generation that told us Pac-Man was the devil back in the day ended up playing in this medium after all.

2. I may have actually bought a Wii during its active lifetime if it had started out with the motion plus controller.
    The early games all had wonky controls.

3. Looks good.

4. NA/EU release date: March 4th, 2016
    JP release date: March 10th, 2016

http://zelda.com/twilight-princess-hd/

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo PR
    By using the Wii U GamePad, players can now easily manage their inventory, access the map and quickly transform into a wolf via the touch screen, all without pausing the game. Players will also be able to use the GamePad to access Miiverse and can even play the game off-TV. Miiverse posts can be decorated with dozens of new Twilight Princess-related Miiverse stamps, hidden away throughout Hyrule.

The addition of a new item, the Ghost Lantern, will aid Link in the Poe Soul retrieving quest. When Link holds the Ghost Lantern it will helpfully glow when it detects a Poe in the area. Similarly, the number of Tears of Light that need to be collected by Link at various points in his adventure has been reduced from 16 to 12, making these collection tasks easier. Furthermore, if Link finds Rupees in a treasure chest while his wallet is already full, Rupees will no longer be returned to that chest. Players are also less likely to reach the limit of their wallets, as these have been modified to hold more Rupees.

Zelda veterans or brave new players who desire an added challenge can opt to play in Hero Mode right from the start. A testing new way to play through the main adventure, in Hero Mode Link will take double the normal damage and there are no health-replenishing hearts to be found. In a final layer of challenge the game world is also mirrored, so dungeon layouts will be reversed. For those in search of the ultimate challenge, tapping the Ganondorf amiibo on the Wii U GamePad when in Hero Mode will cause Link to take a staggering four times the normal damage until the play session ends.

5. Jeez, that cover art is beautiful.

6. So, does this have the bullshit waggle control, or can I play it like a real video game? I planned to get the GC version because fuck waggle, but if this one has the option, I'd like to check it out.

7. I preordered this. I really want to play it again.

8. Then I'm in!

9. The Amiibo stuff is lame, but at least it's entirely unnecessary.