Page 1 of 60 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hip-hop Thread

1. Ninja New Hip-hop Thread

Figured I'd make a new hip hop thread since so much new and good stuff is coming out now. Also so maybe people could tell me bout some stuff I might have missed lately. Heres a list of stuff I've bought/found lately

Rapper Big Pooh-sleepers- One of the MC's from the North Carolina group Little Brother. I really enjoy the beats a lot on this album and sound great during this time of summer. I've been digging various works from this crew for awhile.

Foreign Exchange- While talking about little brother might as well mention this side project. One of the MC's hooked with a producer from Sweden I believe and they did this hip hop album without ever meeting each other.

Pigeon Jonh-Pigeon John sings the blues- Very quirky hip hop album but I dig the beats and various subjects in songs. Very nice and very different album but I dig it a lot.

Z-trip- Finally an album from one of my favorite party Dj's who spins anything. It has some pretty good tracks with a load of guest MC's and singers.

K-OS- Joyous rebellion- Awesome album and just recently found it. Its kinda hard to explain but K-OS does a rhyme/sing thing but also has a live band play the back music on the majority of tracks.

Blueprint-1988- Awesome album which is a tribute to the rap of 1988 and also has a wide variety of subjects and good beats to keep you interested.

Heres a list of stuff I've seen but yet to get so far.

Living Legends- I seen this huge crew perform a long time ago with the Liks. Now I'm finally seeing a bunch of their albums in stores now and also solo project froms many of the members. I've also heard rumors of them breaking up.

Aesop rock-fast cars,guns, knives and fire- New E.P from Aesop rock which also comes with a big lyric booklet.

Quasimoto- I almost picked up the new album the other day.

Hmm right now my minds going blank, I'm sure I can think of more to talk about later.

2. Z-Trip: I knew nothing about him until I picked up the Scratch II DVD. I'm converted. When did this album come out?

Also, MED: Production by Dilla and Madlib. The single, "Push" is available for free download at the Stone's Throw website. It's actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    Foreign Exchange- While talking about little brother might as well mention this side project. One of the MC's hooked with a producer from Sweden I believe and they did this hip hop album without ever meeting each other.

K-OS- Joyous rebellion- Awesome album and just recently found it.
    These have been 2 of my favorites for a few months now. Great stuff.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Z-Trip: I knew nothing about him until I picked up the Scratch II DVD. I'm converted. When did this album come out?

Also, MED: Production by Dilla and Madlib. The single, "Push" is available for free download at the Stone's Throw website. It's actually pretty good.
    I have some boot leg live mix sets from Z-trip. I also have 2 of his mix cd's one is rare and never got an "official" release probably cause of legal stuff.

His album just came out about 3 weeks ago I believe. He has tracks with one of the guys from J5, Lyrics born, one of the guys from Linkin park(gag), Chuck D and a load of others.

Theres a scratch II movie? I have the special verison of the first one and went to the tour for it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    Theres a scratch II movie? I have the special verison of the first one and went to the tour for it.
    Scartch II is the tour on DVD. Z-Trip is such a funky white boy. Mix Master Mike destroyed it (WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T HE DO THIS ON HIS ALBUMS?!?!). The X-ecutioners were quite sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    Quasimoto- I almost picked up the new album the other day.
    DLing it right now now on a whim.

7. I remember seeing that KO-S rebellion album at work, never got around to checking it out... dunno if i'm in a hip hop friendly mood as of late though. i'll give it a shot.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

8. Other good shit:

Edan ~ Old school tribute with off-the-wall lyrics and sick beats. What's great: dude looks like a Jewish frat boy but sounds like LL.

Murs ~ One of the few albums where I cared about what the rapper said. Check out Definitive Jux's website.

9. The Last Emperor. Check it out if you like hip hop even the slightest bit. Same with K-OS.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

10. http://www.mp3.com/updates.php?artis...ticle_id=38206

Well, I'm fucking excited. That's a sick collaboration.