Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9192122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Nope. They also took out the 3D backgrounds from the PS2 version.
    I hadn't even had a chance to notice that yet. Wow, this really was an utterly lazy effort on SNK's part. (Was talking to Nick Rox, and he asked if I had noticed that all of the names in the credits point to this being a total farm-out job to a Chinese developer.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    (Was talking to Nick Rox, and he asked if I had noticed that all of the names in the credits point to this being a total farm-out job to a Chinese developer.)
    That explains the lack of polish these XBLA ports have. Hmm, not so eager to get KOF '98 UM as I was before. At least there's Worms 2.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. Worms 2 FTW.

I have COUGH '98 and Garou for the Dreamcast if I want play locally, so online is all that matters to me.

Given their respective failures, I say good day to the sirs at SNK.
    Last edited by jyoung; 01 Jul 2009 at 05:56 PM.

4. 1.5 hour play session with no lag for me. I dont know what the hell game you guys are playing. Stick to low pings - it aint rocket science. I even played 3 people in Japan. This is probably the best fighting game ever made. I'll be playing this one for years.

Cowdisease - I used to play you on the KOFs online on xbox1 all the time. This is literally the same setup. I dont get your beef. The games play fine.
    Last edited by Destro777; 01 Jul 2009 at 06:15 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

5. The game plays wonderful.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    1.5 hour play session with no lag for me. I dont know what the hell game you guys are playing. Stick to low pings - it aint rocket science. I even played 3 people in Japan.
    Have you been hosting? Cause if the netcode is the same as Garou the host never sees any lag.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. I have COUGH '98 and Garou for the Dreamcast if I want play locally, so online is all that matters to me.
    KoF98 is no 98UM.

But yeah, I'm not buying just yet; I'll play more locally on the PS2. More because I'm broke than anything, though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Have you been hosting? Cause if the netcode is the same as Garou the host never sees any lag.
    Host and non-host - and youre wrong. Ive played probably over 100 online Garou matches. Host still sees lag in Garou, ive seen it when i chanced a high ping match. Sometimes even a low ping match will lag but its rare. For the most part if you stick to low pings its fine.

Again, no one picks a red bar connection match in SFIV - its the same thing.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

9. So would you like to explain why I can pull of the same move 100% of the time when I'm playing offline, but less than 50% of the time online?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Such lazy port but the underlying game is still so good and it is only 800 points.... decisions decisions