Page 688 of 691 FirstFirst ... 674684686687688689690 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. So after hearing everyone going on and on about Tool's Fear Inoculum being "worth the 13 year wait" and the "best Tool album ever," I gave it a listen last night and came away...kinda underwhelmed.

It's fine, don't get me wrong, but upon the initial listen it's kinda just generic sounding. Their songs have always been long and used unconventional structure, but in this instance I think it's working against them. The songs are almost all 10+ minutes each and most of them are very meandering and unfocused and without any significant hooks, and as a result not one stuck out in any way from any of the others.

Well, except for "Chocolate Chip Trip," which has to be a joke. It's a 5-minute instrumental throwaway track that's just random drums and beeping/booping, and it's a complete waste on an album with only 7 songs. Kind of a stupid thing to do when people have been waiting 13 years for new stuff to include something like this. I've tried and I can't sit through the entire thing.

Otherwise, Fear Inoculum is a nice, relaxing listen (it's one of their more mellow albums overall...I do wish it was harder), and I might like it more with subsequent listens, but my first impression is that I don't get where everyone's earth-shattering orgasms are coming from. I think it's like how everyone loved The Force Awakens when it first came out (I didn't), but upon retrospect have rightfully picked it apart for all it's shortcomings.

*EDIT* Actually, 7empest is pretty legit.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 23 Oct 2019 at 09:07 AM.

2. Aesop Rock did a few songs for a new game Freedom Finger.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. At this point I basically measure my life as what happens between new Aesop.

Everything he's done since Malibu Ken has been fucking phenomenal.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    13 years disappointment
    The wonders of getting old.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. I have listened almost exclusively to The Front Bottoms for the last two weeks. Everything they've done is a good time.

June 23 is the new LP fromRTJ i think? I cant wait. This and Yankee and the Brave, bang hard.

R.A. the Ruggedman dropped a hot album for free.

RTJ4 dropped early. Front to back amazing. As good as RTJ2