Page 5 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I found dialogs be worst part of Death Proof. Usually Tarrantino's stuff is good, but here I just couldnt stand the bitch chit-chat and such.
    agreed
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. i just finished watching "Dancer In The Dark"

i dont remember the last time i truly cried in a film but good god.

You HAVE to see this movie. I dont care if you hate Bjork, this was an absolutely FANTASTIC film.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    i just finished watching "Dancer In The Dark"

i dont remember the last time i truly cried in a film but good god.

You HAVE to see this movie. I dont care if you hate Bjork, this was an absolutely FANTASTIC film.
    Yeah, its good stuff, but only watch it if you're up for feeling down. Most depressing movie ever imo.

4. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Yeah, its good stuff, but only watch it if you're up for feeling down. Most depressing movie ever imo.
    see, i was not told this

i am incredibly depressed now
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. A Time To Kill (Matthew McCoungheryrery, Sam L, Sandra Bullock)- i love this movie

The Vanishing (Kiefer Sutherland, Sandra Bullock) - another awesome movie

two films I watched in a matter of days which starred Kiefer and Sandra. Sandra's hot in both.

6. I just watched Die Hard with a Vengence to christen my new HD tv. And man, I couldn't have picked a better movie.

7. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I dig DH2 as well. And it has one of my favorite lines ever: "And where are we going to get those lights? Borrow them from Batman?"
    I love it when Sipowicz, er, Dennis Franz, is pissed at John's meddling and goes off, "You are in my little pond now, McClane, and I'm the Big Fish that runs it!"

We now call him Big Fish in everything he's in.

Just watched "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" last night. Not even Jessica Biel's GREAT ASS!!! (/Pacino) could save this abomination of a "comedy". AVOID!
    Last edited by The_Meach; 02 Dec 2007 at 12:19 AM.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

8. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    Just watched "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" last night. Not even Jessica Biel's GREAT ASS!!! (/Pacino) could save this abomination of a "comedy". AVOID!
    Yeah... That one looked pretty awful from the previews.

Saw The Shining tonight. Never seen it before, still has its scary moments, though a lot of the things i think were meant to be scary are just funny now. I wish popular culture hadn't been flooded with references from the movie so the whole thing would be new to me. Also, Stanley Kubrick sure knew how to stretch things out. Watch it on a big screen if possible, the deafening scary screeching noises aren't as sensory overload if you're not completely immersed.
    Donk

9. Planet Terror - STILL not out in cinemas here (WTF), I watched the American DVD at my friends house. A lot of people said this was inferior to Death Proof, but i have to disagree. Well actually, while i think that Death Proof is probably a better movie overall, i don't think it comes close to PT in terms of capturing the spirit of grind house cinema.

I fucking loved every bit of it. The characters and their dialog were great. The violence was awesome and incredibly over the top (especially the huge blood squibs they used for the gun shots). The Soundtrack was really awesome too. I really think it was perfect for the type of film it was trying to be.

10. Suspiria - I'd never seen Dario Argento's alleged masterpiece until yesterday. While I appreciated the atmosphere and weirdness, everything else was just terrible: the acting, the "story", the soundtrack (especially horrid), the effects, and much of the camerawork.

I don't dispute that the film was groundbreaking at its time, but it's aged terribly. Good for horror history reference only. I think its influence far outweighs its actual quality.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010