Page 1342 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 1328133813401341134213431344 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Facebook's oversight committee just announced that the platform can continue blocking Trump.

I'm normally not one for censorship, but if any one individual on the face of this planet deserves it, it's that scumbag. Good news.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Facebook's oversight committee just announced that the platform can continue blocking Trump.

I'm normally not one for censorship, but if any one individual on the face of this planet deserves it, it's that scumbag. Good news.
    idk, I just think it sets a bad precedent.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I see what you did there.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    idk, I just think it sets a bad precedent.
    Don't get me wrong, I totally see where you're coming from and normally I'd agree with you. Fuck, I ALMOST agree with you now. I've always been the kind of guy that thought that people should be able to say whatever they wanted, eve if I disagreed with it.

But when you get down to it, Facebook is a private company and the First Amendment, which just covers governmental censorship, does not apply to it. They're allowed to set their own standards when it comes to speech. They (and Twitter) have given Trump WAAAYYYY more leeway than the average user and he just kept pushing and pushing the boundaries. It's indisputable that he peddled tons of libel, misinformation, lies, and incited violence via these platforms, and I think more harm than good would have been done if they let him continue.

Hell, all this anti-Asian violence going on lately can be DIRECTLY contributed Trump. For that reason alone he should remain banned.

But again, I almost agree with you. It indeed sets a sketchy precedent, but in this instance I'm willing to let it slide since Trump is just the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I see what you did there.
    I don't. Like, did I miss something?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Bad president
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. So what does everyone think about the CDC announcement last week that vaccinated people don't have to wear masks or socially distance when stats indicate that only 36 percent of the population has been inoculated?

I mean, of course we can trust all the fine, upstanding people in this country not to LIE about being vaccinated, right?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Seems to me that CDC done fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So what does everyone think about the CDC announcement last week that vaccinated people don't have to wear masks or socially distance when stats indicate that only 36 percent of the population has been inoculated?

I mean, of course we can trust all the fine, upstanding people in this country not to LIE about being vaccinated, right?
    we're just going to let dumb people get sick, die and maybe create a super bug

9. I thought we already got the superbug for using antimicrobial soap for twenty years.

Also Fuck the twentieth century is more than twenty years ago.

EDIT:
    Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 25 May 2021 at 02:04 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt