Page 1273 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 125912691271127212731274127512771287 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,730 of 14255

Thread: Election Thread 2008 MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    We've all fallen into that trap, unfortunately. I don't think anyone has insulated himself from the temptation to drop a one-liner in here at some point. I agree that it's unfortunate that we all stooped to Yeller's level.
    You're such a victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. The unfortunate truth is that neither candidate *has* to do anything that they've been talking about for the past two years once they are elected. All of these debates about platforms, positions on taxes, healthcare reform, social security fixes, the national debt are all about ideological idioms and are irrelevant. Until candidates are accountable for the promises that they make to their constituents prior to being elected, their platforms and the ensuing heated discussion that follows are meaningless rhetoric. Good fun, but meaningless.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I'm gonna do like MVS, ignore the conversation and post something that's already been posted.
    Who is that chick?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You're such a victim.
    No, I made a mistake and am taking responsibility for it. I know you don't recognize that when it happens, since it's such a foreign concept to the welfare/abortion crowd.

5. Abortion crowd?

Wait a second, do you honestly think Roe vs. Wade should be overturned?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Maybe you should have come to the thread before yesterday. "It's cool to vote now? I think I'll go post some bullshit in the election thread too!"
    Insulting me doesn't change anything, but that is not only par for the course for you AND your entire party, but it's expected.

I've read the entire thread, but not only couldn't you know that, but you don't care.

If I had time to seriously waste I could gather all your posts together and grade it as a collective argument for John McCain based on valid points and you'd get an F-.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    The unfortunate truth is that neither candidate *has* to do anything that they've been talking about for the past two years once they are elected. All of these debates about platforms, positions on taxes, healthcare reform, social security fixes, the national debt are all about ideological idioms and are irrelevant. Until candidates are accountable for the promises that they make to their constituents prior to being elected, their platforms and the ensuing heated discussion that follows are meaningless rhetoric. Good fun, but meaningless.
    Actually, isn't it historically accurate that in the first year or so, newly elected presidents tend to do what he promised in his campaign (until he realized that not all of his promises are good or practical)?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No, I made a mistake and am taking responsibility for it. I know you don't recognize that when it happens, since it's such a foreign concept to the welfare/abortion crowd.
    But you will openly criticize any political figure who will openly admit he makes a mistake?

I can't wait for Election season to be over so Yoshi can just be a hockey fan again.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Sad. Politics even bring rabid Devils fans to argue with each other. Have I mentioned that I can't wait for this shit to be over?

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Actually, isn't it historically accurate that in the first year or so, newly elected presidents tend to do what he promised in his campaign (until he realized that not all of his promises are good or practical)?
    Not so much.