Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text Not Showing Up in Photoshop CS3

1. Text Not Showing Up in Photoshop CS3

Ok I was working on a pic in photoshop cs3 and all of a sudden my text tool isn't working right. I'll go to type and nothing shows up, but once I finish or click on another layer they text will show for the layer name as usual, but I still don't see nothing. I've tried resetting with the character reset option and that don't work.

Anyone have an ideas how to fix this? I've searched around on google for similar problems and seen a few but seems no one fixed it or the fixes didn't work for me.

2. the layer isn't hidden or behind another layer is it?

3. Are you accidentally using the select type tool?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Nah its not hidden, I've even tried opening a blank canvas and typing and getting nothing still.

Whats the select type tool? I've got it on the horizontal type tool

5. The "horizontal type mask" tool. Marching ants and all that.

Alternatively, check and see that you're not in "paint mask" mode (shortcut "Q"), I once spent an hour trying to figure out what the hell was up when nothing was drawing properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Nope I'm not in type mask mode. I'm able to use brushes and stuff, so I'm not in paint mask mode either.

This sounds stupid, but I've cought myself doing it before. Make sure your text color isn't set to be the same as your background color. Sometimes if I'm working on coloring, then switch to the text tool, it will make the text the same as the last color I was using. Also make sure your text box isn't set so that it's so small it won't fit the font you are trying to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. I'm typing red on a white background. I've even tried various different fonts with no luck. All I get when I goto the text tool is some small square black dot and no vertical line to show where text will be typed.

(edit)

Ok I think I may have found the problem. It seems my font size is screwed up. I did some copy n pasting of text from another project into a blank project and the font size was all weird. Then when I set the size to something around 20 the text disappears. Now I just need to find out how to stop this.
    Last edited by Rtificial; 14 Apr 2008 at 07:04 PM.

9. Delete preferences? I had a problem where I couldn't make a new document transparent for no reason at all. Deleted preferences and problem solved.

10. Delete prefs is a general fixer of many problems in any audio, video, or graphics app.

I've done both things that Gohan before. I was stumped for 20 mins one time as to why text wasn't appearing, then I saw that the size was set to 78pt in a pretty small textbox.