Thread: Real Drive

1. Real Drive

I've been out of the anime loop for awhile now and used to spam this section with all sorts of stuff. Maybe i'll start again to make things lively around here...maybe I won't. So anyway, I stumbled across this while on an info search and looks like Masamune back on form with his crazy technology stuff. I belive its coming to the US soon and wondered if anyone was digging this yet.

Brief description ripped from the wiki

2061 AD. Fifty years have passed since mankind developed the Network society. It was anticipated that this new infrastructure would realize a utopia where people connected with each other at the level of consciousness. However, new social problems such as personal data leaks and proliferation of manipulated information began to surface. Nevertheless, people still relied on the Network to exchange information, and proved unable to abandon it.

In due course, a new Network realm with more effective security measures was developed. This was called Meta Real Network, usually abbreviated as "the Metal."

The Metal accommodated personal memory data within protected virtual stand-alone organic cyber enclaves called bubble shells and eventually pervaded the everyday lives of people.

However, people gradually learned to release and explode their instincts within the secure environment of the Metal. The unleashed instincts pushed each individual's consciousness to drown in the sea of information and to be exposed to the pressures of desire. Meanwhile, norms and regulations continued to bind their real world lives. Thus, strange frictions between the two worlds began to manifest themselves as aberrations beyond the bounds of the imaginable. Experts who challenged the deep sea of the Metal to investigate and decipher such aberrations were called cyber divers.
    Sounds like Ghost in the shell meets the Matrix.

Trailer

official site
    http://www.ntv.co.jp/RD/

2. I really like the concept, art and music of this show, but some episodes are just wtf. It's going to be 26 episodes so it still has a chance to make something of itself.

3. Any word on who might be subbing this? It looks real cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. shinsen subsz and some other ppl. I wanted to like this show so bad I'm pissed.!!! ugh...........

GitS2 ROX MY COX

also: SPRIGGAN

5. So it isn't any good?
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. Quote Originally Posted by not Anal Kaboom View Post
    So it isn't any good?
    Watch the first 3 episodes and see what you think. Unless it pulls a sweet story out of nowhere it might be pretty meh. I'm still watching it so if it gets good I'll give you the what what on the DL.

7. Cool i'm on it.

8. The bots these days are so polite!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt