Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Kai

1. Dragon Ball Kai

Dragon Ball Kai for those that don't know is the remake of Dragon Ball Z less all the fillers.

From Anime News Network:
    This year's 13th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine will announce on Monday that this April's remastered rebroadcasts of the Dragon Ball Z anime series will be called Dragon Ball Kai. (Among other things, "Kai" can mean "updated," "modified," or "altered.") The high-definition Dragon Ball Kai run will start on April 5 and take over Gegege no Kitarō's current timeslot. Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga ran in this same magazine from 1984 to 1995.
    Here is the new opening and ending.
    Opening:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUFy9K5_t0

Ending:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHuZ6LLfCGE
    Last edited by MajinRyu; 05 Apr 2009 at 06:28 PM.

2. If they wanted to do more Dragonball why didn't they just do something new? Get the people that did the movies to more story lines or something.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    If they wanted to do more Dragonball why didn't they just do something new? Get the people that did the movies to more story lines or something.
    Because this is cheaper than making a new series and it's something that should have been done in the first place. It makes a lot of sense.

Not enough to get me to give a fuck again, but it's a good idea.

4. I'll give it a shot. Looks like FMA2 came out the same day.

5. My friend is a big DBZ fan, but he hated all the filler during the Freezer arc. He'll love this.

HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. DESU NE

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Because this is cheaper than making a new series and it's something that should have been done in the first place. It makes a lot of sense.

Not enough to get me to give a fuck again, but it's a good idea.
    no because gt and the fillers where complete pile of shit...

The first ep is out, and its weird to see it in 720p... but it was good cut a shitload out i think they combined something like 2 eps in one..

not a huge db fan. But i was under the impression that DBZ was gohan's story, much like db was goku's story. The original dbz first ep was dedicated to just gohan's little adventure. Kai starts with a rundown of dbreferences one of the movies, and starts with goku instead... which i thought was odd..

9. Nah, DB as a whole is about Goku. The DBZ stuff may have a lot of focus on Gohan and Goten, but Goku is still always there.

10. Man, that new intro makes me wish they re-animated this. Cutting the filler is awesome, but I wanted new animation.