Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a custom CD insert

Making a custom CD insert

OK, so I'm making a mixtape. I'm in love. Oops. Blah blah fuck you idiot etc.

Anyway.

I'm going to design a bunch of panels in photoshop but what I need to know is:

1) What program has a decent cd-insert layout with lots of options that will allow me to transfer in shit I make in photoshop with relative ease?

2) I need a font that looks like handwriting in a notebook, preferably cursive but readable and nothing too flowery.

That's about it. I can find backgrounds and shit on my own.

Any ideas here?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Use a marker, faggot.

3. mixtape?
    You're a bit old for high school.
    And it's not 1985.

4. be sure to include this one.

You're never too old for mixtapes.

in 1985 I was barely 1 year old.

Ani DiFranco blows.

I can't draw.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    You're never too old for mixtapes.

in 1985 I was barely 1 year old.

Ani DiFranco blows.

I can't draw.
    One of these statements is not true.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    OK, so I'm making a mixtape. I'm in love. Oops. Blah blah fuck you idiot etc.

Anyway.

I'm going to design a bunch of panels in photoshop but what I need to know is:

1) What program has a decent cd-insert layout with lots of options that will allow me to transfer in shit I make in photoshop with relative ease?

2) I need a font that looks like handwriting in a notebook, preferably cursive but readable and nothing too flowery.

That's about it. I can find backgrounds and shit on my own.

Any ideas here?
    http://www.neato.com/

Pretty simple to do what you want.

You could also just find a template for WORD and import the images there.

Well, the first thing is to pick the labels you want to use, since different labels will require different templates. Hop over to the manufacturer's website and they will probably have templates or software you can download. Since you are using Photoshop a PSD template would be ideal.

Most CD labeling software will let you import jpegs, so you can design whatever you want in Photoshop, save it as a Jpeg and then import. I would do the text in the CD labeling software and not in Photoshop if possible so that you don't have to rasterize the text.

As far as the font....maybe Monotype Corsiva? Or if that is too gay Freestyle Script.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

dafont.com

10. Last edited by Doc Holliday; 01 May 2010 at 09:12 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt