Page 1 of 119 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

1. Treasure The Walking Dead

"Production has started on AMC's newest original series, and who better to tell you about it than The Walking Dead writer, director and executive producer Frank Darabont and executive producer Gale Anne Hurd. In this exclusive video, Darabont and Hurd discuss the series; Darabont talks about his inspiration for doing a show about zombies, the nature of the story and his goal to "do for zombies what Mad Men has done for advertising."

AMC rules and there is serious talent behind this adaptation so I'm psyched. 6 episodes for the first season, should rock.

Little preview can be seen here.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 02 Jun 2010 at 09:19 PM.

2. They're doing a lot of filming for this in the Atlanta area, one of my old bosses' kids was up for a spot as an extra.

3. Can't fucking wait. The makeup shots are a mixed bag but some of them look incredible.

Zombies are played out. I wish I finished up this "concept album" thing back in 2006 or so.

5. Best to push the robot angle.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Zombies are played out.
    While this is very true, the comic is so goddamn good that it doesn't matter.

/nerd.jpg

7. The comic is fuckin' bleak. Which, along with its sentimental streak, makes it really REALLY bleak, haha.

8. It's kinda like The Road but with zombies and a few more people to fuck up everything.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Zombies are played out. I wish I finished up this "concept album" thing back in 2006 or so.
    There hasn't ever been a serialized television show about zombies, though. That in and of itself is interesting because it's a fun setting with strong thematic overtones. They can develop characters and exposition properly. They always do, too. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are both excellent. Rubicon is looking interesting, too. AMC is almost on a Pixar-style role of non-stop great productions.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 03 Jun 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Zombies are not played out. Vampires and pirates have run away with it. It's time for a zombie renaissance.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.