Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Involved - Making Your State Better

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    probably a snowflake kid.
    I doubt that. Snowflake spoiled kids aren't known for action. There's more going on there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with bullying. It's cut and dry assault, and that bitch was probably a snowflake kid.
    Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't providing that as an example of bullying, but rather, one that showed how violent some girls got at my high school.

Side note: I was pulled out of that hell hole after my freshman year. In addition to the bullying/violence, 2 molotov cocktails were thrown into an assistant principal's office at the end of the school year.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

3. I wonder if Ramon would be pro-bullying if it were happening to his own child. My oldest daughter was bullied last year in third grade and trust me, it was NOT a "formative" experience. It was a serious issue that had to be handled delicately on her end and strongly on the bully's end.

Telling kids to just walk off what can be a very traumatic experience to many is not good parenting at all. I was no snowflake child and was bullied in middle school for being a Hispanic with Jewish last name, but it's not the same in elementary school. 8 and 9 year-olds are not thinking that being harassed and made fun of is going to help them develop character or grow a thick skin.

God help any child that Razor tries to parent. He'd be like some kind of Skiny Carl from aqua teen.

"eh, little man, that bullying? Thats goods for yous"
    *proceeds to drink and forget to feed kid*

"Yous wants a dog? Dogs are stupid kid. Here, play with this dead rat. Same thing"
    *kid crie*

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    That's battery, not assault.
    It's amazing how many people don't understand the difference.

6. I'll tell my kid the same thing my old man told me: there's always going to be someone fucking with you all throughout life and I won't always be around to protect you. Here's where you learn some problems can be dealt with words but other times the physical approach is the only language are others can understand.

Why does that have to be learned from bullies?

Were your friends pussies? Did you never rumble with them?

Babies and bath water.

8. Bullies are pussies looking for an easy target. If you cease to be one, they'll go elsewhere.

I was the popular kid to pick on back in elementary school until I finally snapped and beat the shit out of my chief tormentors, one by one. I remember that not only were my parents proud, but so were my teachers. After then no one fucked with me and things improved a great deal until I became the awesome individual I am today.

That's the deal: never start a fight, but always make a point of giving anyone who fucks with you something to regret.

That said, I hate the idea of some poor kid being subjected to that kind of environment and having no choice but to fight. Bullying just should not be...even if you rise up and defend yourself, you still have to carry the memory of that abuse for years. Sometimes forever. No one should have to bear that.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 12 Mar 2013 at 01:22 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    you still have to carry the memory of that abuse for years. Sometimes forever.
    Hi. The problem is exacerbated when you have parents who don't deal with the situation properly. In that regard, I'm fucked. It's really hard and I'd say the biggest thing I've lost is trust. I don't trust ANYONE. I always have in the back of mind a feeling that people are out to get me or stab me in the back when they get the chance. It's hard feeling this way because I know that having some level of trust in other people is essential if I want to have a meaninful relationship with anyone. Not just girls, but making friends in general. I don't really have any. However, I'm hoping the work I'm doing on myself helps me move past all that bullshit so I can live my life without reliving the past. I refuse to be in the "forever" category.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. How are you so nice whenever we hang out but here you're so paranoid?