Thread: The Shining II: The Reckoning and 11/22/63

1. The Shining II: The Reckoning and 11/22/63

At an awards ceremony at George Mason University last Friday, Stephen King regaled audiences with a chapter from Doctor Sleep, his upcoming novel about a grown-up Danny Torrance from The Shining.

In the book, Danny is a hospice worker who uses his powers to help ill patients to pass away without pain. Unfortunately, he runs afoul of a gang of wandering psychic vampires who feed on people's energy.

Ok.

I'm rather excited about his book due out Nov. 8th called 11/22/63 about a guy who finds a portal to 1958 in a diner and vows to stop Oswald from killing Kennedy.
    Last edited by MechDeus; 29 Sep 2011 at 04:55 PM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

I thought he retired.

3. it's pretty riveting stuff. It seems like a straight forward underwater horror story with killer Mermen/Merpeople but there also seems to be a bigger meta story happening in the background which has weirder stuff going on involving Mars, possible alien artifacts, and a futuristic dystopia.
    "Hafiz Ali"

Tell me more.

5. Did you get very far?
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

Did she put up a fight?