Page 142 of 305 FirstFirst ... 128138140141142143144146156 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

Yes.

2. PAX was a fucking bust for retro games. Same tripe as flea markets, whatever was there was jacked, such as cart only Dracula X for $200

3. Snes Dracula X > Super Castlevania
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

That's an interesting statement. I'm not sure I can totally discount it right away in fact. Of course, they're the third and fourth best games in the series from that generation, no matter what order you put them in.

5. I payed $10+ shipping for Dracula X earlier this month. It was the SFC cart though.

I don't like it.

6. The 16 bit era was a bounty of fantastic exclusives for whatever your console of choice, I'm baffled by people who wage that war yet.

Turbo Drac X and Super Castlevania are pinnacles of the period. It's comparing Honey Crisp vs Pink Lady, blonde in fishnets vs redhead in boots, New York strip vs prime rib and so on.

7. I agree with Low. Both games are fucking awesome, it doesn't matter which one you think better. Bloodlines is also awesome, just not so much as 4 and X.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

The "pinnacles of the period" in that genre are the real Dracula X and Shinobi III, period. Sure there were lots of great games, but Castlevania IV is in no way comparable to either of those.

9. What's wrong with Super Castlevania? It has great gameplay, art, atmosphere and soundtrack.

Outside of the slowdown, I can't think of a single bad thing to say about it. And that's just a SNES issue, not the game's issue.

I played through about 90% of SC4 a couple of months ago. It's a good game, and the music is fantastic for the most part. The game suffers a bit from being too long, and simply isn't as exciting as either Dracula X PCE or Bloodlines.

16bit: I got rid of my SNES cart long ago, but I didn't knoww the SFC version of Drac X was so cheap. I hate the game, but the collector in me is thinking that $10 isn't bad.