Page 92 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7888909192939496106 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2013: Prove the Justice of Our Culture

22. Batman: Arkham City - Harley Quinn's Revenge (PC)

As opposed to the Sleeping Dogs DLC I just played, this was well done. Hell, it even made Robin cool, and he's typically to Batman what Bentley is to Sly Cooper or Big the Cat is to Sonic. It was only a couple hours long, but the story was good, and the quality level pretty much matched the rest of the game. As an aside, I actually did go back and finish all of the Riddler stuff in the main game, so I probably should have given it a 9 after all...

8/10

2013 Totals
    Platforms: 13 PC, 4 PS3, 2 FC, 2 PSV, 1 Wii
    Scores: 1-5, 8-7s, 9-8s, 4-9s

2. 27. The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 "Faith" (XBLA)

Very much similar (or the same) as The Walking Dead games they did, although this one seems to fit even better with the art style. I really like the premise, where characters from fables live in NYC using a magic spell to look human and stay out of normal people's way. The look of it just screams comic book and felt great all the way through (took about 2 hours in total). Seemed like there were several more choices to be made than in the WD games, too, it looks like this one can play out a few different ways depending on what you choose. The characters I've met thus far were well done and fleshed out, and I enjoyed listening to the conversations and replaying them to see what else would happen. I bought the season pass immediately after finishing the game because it was very engrossing and I would have stayed up all night and played it through in one sitting if I could have. Still has a bit of the "jank" from WD when making choices in combat, where it's moving smoothly at first and then does a very slight warp to the move you selected when it's in the heat of battle. It only caused a few missed inputs, which resulted in one silly but entertaining death, but it was more of a minor annoyance than anything else. Definitely digging it, highly suggested if you enjoyed Telltale's previous WD games. It reminded me as well that I didn't get 400 Days, which I will rectify tonight.

3. 41. Volgarr the Viking

Just the C ending so far. Pretty great, though! Very, very focused levels (at its toughest this game approaches Holy Diver levels of tricky stage design), nicely spaced checkpoints (save for the final stage, weirdly, where things get a little too bite-sized), and there's some nasty enemy behavior. The bosses are a little on the easy side, but they'll still take a little bit of learning. The real meat of this game is in the Path of the Valkyrie, and if the Path of the Crystal was this good, I have pretty high expectations for the rest. The only downsides are some bland backgrounds and music.

This is probably the best Western-made platformer I've played.

4. 28. The Walking Dead: 400 Days (XBLA)

Thought it was cool that they did this one as five separate little stories that tied together. Each was pretty short but memorable, and they were all interesting in their own right. Looking forward to more episodes.

5. I only did the 'first' one so far and I left incredibly disappointed. That was months ago.

The other episodic thing that's bugging the hell out of me is that KY Route Zero is not finished. I hate episodic gaming.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    41. Volgarr the Viking

Just the C ending so far. Pretty great, though! Very, very focused levels (at its toughest this game approaches Holy Diver levels of tricky stage design), nicely spaced checkpoints (save for the final stage, weirdly, where things get a little too bite-sized), and there's some nasty enemy behavior. The bosses are a little on the easy side, but they'll still take a little bit of learning. The real meat of this game is in the Path of the Valkyrie, and if the Path of the Crystal was this good, I have pretty high expectations for the rest. The only downsides are some bland backgrounds and music.

This is probably the best Western-made platformer I've played.
    Glad to hear! Was personally on the fence on getting it due to the price tag. The visual style and advertised difficulty made it too charming to just ignore. I guess I'll get it soon.

7. Not sure if they're still good but I have a couple Steam coupons for it if you need one.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II: I beat it and got the worst ending, which is okay since it's pretty fucked up and worth seeing. I'm going to replay it to try to get the best ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by 007bond View Post
    6. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (360) - not very good. I remember enjoying the campaign in the first Bad Company game but here it was just barely passable. Very linear levels with some bad scripting. Your character also gets finished by seemingly about 3 bullets which gets frustrating - overall it seems like an awkward mix of realism as they still throw in some "humor" in the cut scenes.
    Yup. BC1's single player was a lot more fun and felt like Dice was having fun with the characters. BC2 was all about the multi.

#81 - Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)

Pretty much the same as before. A lot of puzzles that are fun and clever but even more that are just fucking annoying. I'm gonna shove those sliding blocks up Layton's ass one by one. Is it possible to fuck up so badly that you don't clear the Picarat limit for the 4500 P unlockable? That would suck. The story was pretty crazy, too. I wonder if Layton was really brewing delicious tea or if he was putting bugs and crap in dirty water.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery