Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portfolios and Portfolio Sites: The tricky topics

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Download your stuff to an album on the iPad. No wifi? just use that. They'll probably be impressed you were that on your shit
    That's actually how i got my last job, but I used my Nexus 7! But the iPad doesn't play animated GIFs. That's seriously been my biggest problem. I have a folder of email headers that I animated but have no way for the iPad to display them animating. No gallery or portfolio app I've seen does! It sucks because that iPad screen is soooo much bigger.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    That's actually how i got my last job, but I used my Nexus 7! But the iPad doesn't play animated GIFs. That's seriously been my biggest problem. I have a folder of email headers that I animated but have no way for the iPad to display them animating. No gallery or portfolio app I've seen does! It sucks because that iPad screen is soooo much bigger.
    Export the gif to an mp4? I know that sounds stupid, but that might work?

3. Er, I don't have an iOS device myself, but what about something like this?

GIFViewer is an album app to see the funny GIF.
    The Koreans think of everything.

4. Good call on the MP4 exports Brisco! Just make sure to loop it sufficiently so that you hit play once and it runs for a good minute or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Good call on the MP4 exports Brisco! Just make sure to loop it sufficiently so that you hit play once and it runs for a good minute or so.
    You know, I was going to mention the lack of video looping in galleries, but this makes SO much more sense anyway. Thanks, guys!

6. It's really weird iOS doesn't run GIFs... because it clearly can. They run when you send a gif to someone else or receive them via text message.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Windows goes through phases with it too, Win 8's default 'picture viewer' wouldn't run them but 10 has no problem. I imagine there's a one line tweak to the registry that flips that on or off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!