Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penguin Drop Caps

1. Penguin Drop Caps

are cute!

A lot of us, myself included, mark out about these handsome 3DS bundles that keep cropping up and Peach Wiimotes. I thought maybe you'd like to join me in some out-marking about truly lovely editions of your favorite books!

Jessica Hische, best known for doing lettering for Wes Anderson's titles and credits, has been designing covers for Penguin's new(ish) line of classic literature releases. I'm not sure these pictures do them justice. They're really something to see and hold.

CAUTION: These actually kind of suck to read. There are no annotations or supplemental material and my clammy acid hands smudged the cover ink. But, I mean, come on. Look at them:

I couldn't find a good pic, but the "g" as Piggy's cracked glasses on the Lord of the Flies cover is pretty brilliant.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 25 Apr 2014 at 08:29 PM.

2. These are wonderful designs. This is the first time I've wanted to buy a book with the intent of staring at it on a shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    CAUTION: These actually kind of suck to read. There are no annotations or supplemental material and my clammy acid hands smudged the cover ink.
    I so understand this. I have this problem with everything. Whenever I have children I will be ashamed to hold them with THESE HANDS that keep causing fingerprints on glossy paper. And Playstation products.

3. Yeah my stuff is pretty gross.

Here's the LotF one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398480772514.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	74049
    sick.

Shelf junkies!

5. I generally prefer the look/feel of a filthy old paperback, but I can appreciate the Piggy's glasses aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post

I so understand this. I have this problem with everything. Whenever I have children I will be ashamed to hold them with THESE HANDS that keep causing fingerprints on glossy paper. And Playstation products.
    You'll care about that right up until the point when he or she shits on everything they're wearing and lying on simultaneously, which will probably include a large percentage of you.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. I got a present.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401421863263.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	74289
    oooh yeh.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 29 May 2014 at 11:54 PM.

8. I went to school with Jess Hische. I always knew she'd be successful but she's a goddamn allstar now.

9. Weinberg said the botheration

Weinberg said the botheration with Saudi textbooks is a connected continuing one. For added than a decade, the Saudi government has been adage they are acclimation the problem, he acicular out, “Where’s the progress?”In the accomplishment of accepting the action at atomic some notice, Weinberg appear a cardboard this commemoration allurement why the Accompaniment Department refuses to broadcast its a lot of contempo abstraction of Saudi textbooks, a abstraction that was completed aback in 2012.Point out that befitting things clandestine is the way the Accompaniment Department consistently deals with questions about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Weinberg shoots back, “They acquire had added than a decade to plan on this action in their prefered softly, cautiously style.

FFXI Gil

Cheap FFXI Gil

not even XIV, you useless bot piece of shit
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery