Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychonauts 2 - Now Crowdfunding!

1. Psychonauts 2 - Now Crowdfunding!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2

Why am I not as excited about this as I want to be? Man, I hope I get there.

2. I'm not having anything to do with Fig. The game gets funded and I'll be more than happy to play it. If not, oh well.

3. Is there something about their new crowdfunding platform that I don't know about, or is it just because Double Fine is running it?

4. Awesome! Hopefully, this shit actually gets made! I'm interested in backing it, but James' comments make me curious about this crowdfunding platform.

5. Fig is a platform for people who want to invest in a game, as well as standard crowdfunding. The games raise their budget by both methods at once. The crossover isn't anything I'd want to get involved with.

6. Psychonauts 2 - Now Crowdfunding!

This is how crowdfunding should have been set up from the start.

I don't give a shit about this game though, and I don't think it will sell enough to cover ROI.

7. Gotta admire the arrogance - as a dev, we've seen Double Fine only succeed once on delivering exactly what was promised (Massive Chalice) when they manage their own money. Now, they want to ask for your money again, to do a follow up to one of the worst platformers ever devised. But hey, it's has Story and Humor!

(at least, the original did)

If Psychonauts 2 ends up being an adventure game with the same characters, I could see it being fun. If it ends up that Brad Muir is running the show (but I don't think he's at DF anymore), I could see it being done relatively on time and on budget. Otherwise? I expect this to be funded, broken up into some episodic style release, and then they ask for more money with each chapter. Or something.

I wonder how much longer Double Fine can exploit their indie/hipster/adventure game cred before even the most ardent fans think twice about bankrolling their poorly planned projects?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    one of the worst platformers ever devised. But hey, it's has Story and Humor!
    Why would you say something like this. I thought you were one of the good ones.

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Why would you say something like this. I thought you were one of the good ones.
    I remember it had poor, floaty controls, which exacerbated difficult level designs. It was like...if you were asked to play Super Meat Boy's stages with Little Big Planet's bullshit physics.

I also remember the writing and voice acting to be incredibly good, but geez, that actual game part...?
    Last edited by Hero; 04 Dec 2015 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. I would contribute if this was for an animated Psychonauts movie. The less gameplay the better.

But yeah, Massive Chalice was pretty decent.