Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Psychonauts 2 - Now Crowdfunding!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    August 25th, can't believe how true to the original and fantastic this looks 16 years later.

It really looks to be shaping up amazing. I think MS ended up being the guardian angel here, because it really seems like they've gotten time to flesh out and polish the game. I'm super excited.

I replayed the first game last week, and it holds up really well. The combat's not great but that looks so much better in the new game.

2. Really blown away by how good this came out. Although I think the original holds up really well, they've taken it to another level here. And there's a much tighter integration between storytelling and gameplay here that makes it feel like playing a cartoon.

3. Omg I forgot it was unlocked today, I'm gonna go play it right now!

4. Thankyou Game Pass! I'm downloading it now.

5. This game has absolutely no right to be as faithful to the original and incredible as it is. So many times games (or movie sequels, musical albums, books) that come out this long after the original don't feel "right" if you catch my drift. Not this.

I'm flabbergasted that 16 years later this feels like a sequel that could have released the following year.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    This game has absolutely no right to be as faithful to the original and incredible as it is. So many times games (or movie sequels, musical albums, books) that come out this long after the original don't feel "right" if you catch my drift. Not this.

I'm flabbergasted that 16 years later this feels like a sequel that could have released the following year.
    It captures what I loved about the first one, but actually I think it's also obvious that the creators matured a lot in the interim too. It integrates story and gameplay so much better, and its treatment of mental illness is a lot more nuanced than the first.

7. For sure it's much improved in terms of graphics, presentation and story. Just feels like natural progression.

Sometimes games coming out this much later feel more like spiritual successors even though they share the same name. Not here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    For sure it's much improved in terms of graphics, presentation and story. Just feels like natural progression.

Sometimes games coming out this much later feel more like spiritual successors even though they share the same name. Not here.
    Yeah, it's very much built on the same foundation.

And I recently replayed the original and found it really held up, but because of that I am kind of blown away by how much better this is. Not just in terms of the size and scope and presentation, but just like, the pacing and storytelling, it's a much more confident and polished game.

9. I just got outside and Jesus it's just so we'll constructed. For a world about psychic powers and Tim Burton looking characters, it's so believable because of the care of the world building.

10. I've had this downloaded and haven't had time to get into it, I can't wait after seeing all of the positive reviews.