Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best controller you've ever used?

I don't know why I read "controller" and then limited my answers to pads. I agree with Yeller on the Mad Catz TE sticks. Mine is modded with Seimitsu parts to focus on shooters. I'd also add my lovely Blast City 2L8B control panel to really push the definition of "controller." It is all Sanwa. And I'd be remiss if I didn't make the obvious comment: mouse and keyboard, though I need to upgrade the latter for a mechanical at some point.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I don't know why I read "controller" and then limited my answers to pads. I agree with Yeller on the Mad Catz TE sticks. Mine is modded with Seimitsu parts to focus on shooters. I'd also add my lovely Blast City 2L8B control panel to really push the definition of "controller." It is all Sanwa. And I'd be remiss if I didn't make the obvious comment: mouse and keyboard, though I need to upgrade the latter for a mechanical at some point.
    I'd love to see some pictures of that.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. The old Duke Xbox controller was the best fit for my hands. Otherwise the Elite is my current fav.

The 64 and Dreamcast had some shitty controllers though.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'd love to see some pictures of that.
    Which? I think I have pictures of both the TE and the Blast City on here somewhere I could link.

Good call on the Wii U Pro controller, it is better than a 360 pad.

6. What's the best controller you've ever used?

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Got a picture of it?
    Sure! I've since removed the last two buttons in the right (and moved the purple ones over) so it's a strict 6-button setup.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456084460.477315.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Which? I think I have pictures of both the TE and the Blast City on here somewhere I could link.
    Both honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Sure! I've since removed the last two buttons in the right (and moved the purple ones over) so it's a strict 6-button setup.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456084460.477315.jpg
    Wow that's pretty damn sweet. I've always been a fan of the "Drumstick" joysticks over the balltop ones tho. Mainly from getting used to it from being at the arcades in the 80s and 90s.

8. Lately I've fallen in love with the Hori Fighting Commander 4. First controller since the Saturn pad I've thought was worth a damn for fighters.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

10. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Lately I've fallen in love with the Hori Fighting Commander 4. First controller since the Saturn pad I've thought was worth a damn for fighters.
    Come on lazyass, Post a picture of it. I don't even feel like googling it!

The Dreamcast controller was all kinds of fucked up. I remember very clearly that the triggers on the 1st release models would fucking break all the time because Sega went cheap on the plastic.