Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best controller you've ever used?

1. What's the best controller you've ever used?

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Come on lazyass, Post a picture of it. I don't even feel like googling it!
    Here's the FC4:

It has a d-pad that you can rotate to the right up to 20 degrees to adjust to how you play, you can make the d-pad registration looser or tighter via a switch on the back, and you can set the shoulder R1 and R2 to be L1 and L2 instead, and then L1 and L2 become L3 and R3.

There's also the Fighting Commander, which looks like it's the next evolution of the Saturn pad. I'm curious to try it out. It doesn't have the rotating d-pad, but does have the other options. Both work on PS4, PS3, and I'd assume PC.

WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Gamecube controller is the most comfortable controller ever, but it's uses were limited compared to more standard controllers. I'm not sure how that effects it's rank on being the best overall.

If I could only use one controller for the rest of forever it would be the current Dual Shock.

3. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Here's the FC4:

It has a d-pad that you can rotate to the right up to 20 degrees to adjust to how you play, you can make the d-pad registration looser or tighter via a switch on the back, and you can set the shoulder R1 and R2 to be L1 and L2 instead, and then L1 and L2 become L3 and R3.

There's also the Fighting Commander, which looks like it's the next evolution of the Saturn pad. I'm curious to try it out. It doesn't have the rotating d-pad, but does have the other options. Both work on PS4, PS3, and I'd assume PC.

Wow how much does the 1st one run these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Gamecube controller is the most comfortable controller ever, but it's uses were limited compared to more standard controllers. I'm not sure how that effects it's rank on being the best overall.

If I could only use one controller for the rest of forever it would be the current Dual Shock.
    You're right on the Gamecube controller. However for the games it was made for like Zelda, Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros, Pikmin and whatnot it was hard to beat.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 21 Feb 2016 at 03:39 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Wow how much does the 1st one run these days?
    It's currently discounted to $30 on Amazon.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Both controllers can be had for $30, but you can only get the smaller one from Play Asia. I have both, if you have smaller hands you'll prefer the new one, if you have larger hands you'll prefer the fc4. They're both considerably larger than a Saturn pad. I've been playing sf4/5 with the new one, it doesn't feel as nice as a Saturn pad but damn if my execution isn't nearly flawless, I always have trouble with multiple button presses on the Saturn.

The FC4 supports ps3 and 4, and will work as a direct input controller on pc. The new one adds x input.

6. That's a good pick. I also love the FC4.
    Boo, Hiss.

Btw, if anyone wants a barely used fc4 hit me up. I'm probably not going to use it again, would sell cheap.

8. Lots of good posts here. Love my stick, Wii-U pro controller, Genesis 6-button, etc. But this is my favorite:

8138159900_1355238780.jpg
    Was never big on the dual shock 2 but this one was the best!

Also love this old Saitek controller for my PC emulation nastiness:
    41G753QB17L.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    8138159900_1355238780.jpg
    Was never big on the dual shock 2 but this one was the best!
    I have one of those. I think I got it from hoah. I agree that it was a God send for revisiting 3D PS2 games, since I had gotten used to wireless. That said, I'm pretty much over 3D from that generation, so it doesn't get a lot of use.

10. I'm in the market for one of those PS2 Logitech controllers. The square button on mine is starting to stick. Drives me crazy.