Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: System Shock (PC) and Remastered Edition (PC, One)

System Shock (PC) and Remastered Edition (PC, One)

Unlike most of the recent remasters, this one never had an original thread due to its age, so here we are, just in time for some pre-alpha footage:

Official Site

I like how they have updated the visuals but it's still very much recognizable as System Shock. I hope the final version includes the classic music, though. It's disappointing hearing that generic horror ambience instead.

3. oh wow.

4. SCREAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Ending on that low C is the new "in a world" for trailers. Low C is how you know some real shit's about to go down. Low C is how you know your stoner buddy is going to describe the movie or game being advertised as a "total mindfuck."

Bonus points for four or five in a row.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 15 Mar 2016 at 03:18 PM.

6. That looks like a pretty awesome update.

7. I'm not crazy about the enemy models in this, but the whole thing looks way more cohesive than the original. Those drones and zombies looked soooo goofy in the original, and I'm talking relative to other sprite-based 3D games.

It took this trailer for me to realize that I really like how low the weapon profiles are in the original. I don't really like having that gigantic wrench taking up a large chunk of the screen. Here's hoping they change it. And to echo NZE, I definitely want the old soundtrack back, or at the very least a new one that also takes its cues from Front 242 and other late 80s and early 90s electro/industrial acts.

I do like the general look of it, though I'm not sure keeping everything at 45 and 90 degree angles like the original is really necessary.

9. This really looks fantastic. It looks modern in the ways that need it, and slavishly faithful to the source material in every other regard. It walks the line perfectly.

10. System Shock 2 is one of my favorite games ever. That said, I have tried playing the original System Shock several times, and I find it very hard to hang with it due do it's incredibly clunky nature. Even the recent re-release with the (slightly) updated controls didn't help much, so this remaster has me really psyched. I think it looks astoundingly good and very loyal to the original's visual design.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Mar 2016 at 12:00 AM.