Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: 2016-17 NCAA Basketball

1. They just called 3 in less than a minute.

What the fuck.

2. That last call was bogus. The contact happened after the shot. What a game!

3. I hate it when refs make it all about them. And they absolutely did that yesterday. Why can't the NCAA get this right? I know there will be a lot of bad refereeing in a sport with 320 teams but come on, this is the big one. Find the best people.

4. Yeah. They don't let them get physical at all. I think the general rule of thumb should be: was the contact enough to have a major impact on the play? A couple of guys getting physical over getting a loose ball is going to happen. It's not like punches or elbows were being thrown.

5. thanks you for share

6. ok bro

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah. They don't let them get physical at all. I think the general rule of thumb should be: was the contact enough to have a major impact on the play? A couple of guys getting physical over getting a loose ball is going to happen. It's not like punches or elbows were being thrown.
    I went to a Nets game last week in really good seats (better than I never had really) and was surprised at how easy it was to see the difference between a foul and just regular play.

The big problem with the reffing was that it just completely changed in the 2nd half. In the first they were two physical teams playing defense first hoops, which is what you'd expect. Then once the 2nd half got going they called EVERYTHING and took away Gonzaga's main tools. No team should be in the bonus seven minutes into the second half.

Im surprised I have to say this about refs who worked w championship game, but set the tone early and keep it the same.

The NCAA always does this. CFB could be a great product but then they spend all of December with 6-6 teams playing garbage dump bowls and then schedule the CFB playoffs on NYE evening. It's nuts.

8. I had court side seats to a Suns game in the late 80s. I was really surprised with how physical the players were around the boards. Television just doesn't let you see how much elbows and pushing is going on.

9. Or how big and fast players are